Season Tickets - 2024/25

Just renewed but finally decided to drop Platinum so effectively my first price drop in years. With the continued price rises and less away tickets being made available there seems little point in keeping it.
I hope loads are doing that. I dropped it 5/6 seasons ago as just a completely pointless benefit unless you are in the top few thousand points wise. It was a scandalous scheme in the first place. Paying for loyalty points.

This.

Fuck the club I'm done.
My brother can have my ST for next season (seeing as he can't get one from the club)

Maine Road have got Abbey Hey at home tomorrow, id rather give my money to them. They actually need it.
Apt username

I hope loads are doing that. I dropped it 5/6 seasons ago as just a completely pointless benefit unless you are in the top few thousand points wise. It was a scandalous scheme in the first place. Paying for loyalty points.

I’ve got enough loyalty points to act as a buffer after deciding to drop platinum, the Carabao and FA Cup schemes today. I’ll still be able get Carabao Cup and FA Cup tickets at home, if I decide to go to those matches. I’m not arsed about the away Carabao Cup and FA Cup matches. I’ll also have enough loyalty points to get a cup final ticket in either of those cups. I’m keeping my CL cup scheme as I like those matches at home, and I enjoy doing the CL away games, knowing I can get a match ticket, when I can afford to go away in the CL.

OK, it’s only a £50 saving on Platinum, plus money not coming out of my account via DD for the Carabao Cup and FA Cup scheme. In the end I can see myself just going to home PL and CL matches. Going to United, Liverpool, etc away will probably end, as I won’t have enough loyalty points in the coming years get a ticket. As it is, I don’t go to as many away matches as I did. Liverpool away this season was a struggle to get a ticket, even with being in platinum and all the cup schemes from almost day 1.

Last edited:
I've renewed and will be renewing all the Cup matches as well. I may not be able to get to the away games any more but by 'eck as like I will look forward to the home cup games. No one is stopping me going to see the mighty Blues (except my health occasionally ;-))
Sorry, I've gone on strike (twice for two hours and boy did they hit hard) for better conditions for teachers and marched for same. Plus I've demonstrated for the miners, the rail workers and other just causes (IMHO) I felt they were justified and would do it again if I were able. I also demonstrated when Thaksin wouldn't leave our Sven alone!!!!
However I will NOT demonstrate or strike against these owners of Manchester City.

p.s. plus I have Platinum.

Last edited:
None of that was kept quiet.

You could still get a £95 kids one in the family stand when then came out, and it was cheaper for adults than the south stand for the same seat.

There were downsides for Value Gold, but were and are well know, and worth it for the massive discount to a lot of people.

They were pepper potted to such and extent that you were very unlikely to be near other value golds, but some were able to request and get 2 together. It is out of order mocking people who get them when you don't bother going yourself, and seem to want other fans to give up too. They were not means tested and most fans will have got them for better value not necessity.
I've had multiple value gold, all were brilliant value. Platinum was always a farce, points for pounds, stealth pay increase, fans should've refused to join that enmasse

Ill health since 2020 has stopped me being able to commit to regular attendance so it’s actually out of order from you to suggest I’m mocking those who do “bother” going.

I’ve travelled regularly from Hereford and London totalling about 13 years at huge personal expense. I’ve never wanted a Value card as I want to choose where I sit.

Yes… that’s right… I want everyone to stop going.

Put your phone down and talk to all your friend in the pub before heading home to the Mrs.
You did mock them for being at financial breaking point if on value gold.

You can judge, as I have Walter.

I'll be honest, I think the club is going to struggle to fill 8,000 extra seats for mid-week games, games with bottom of the table teams and games in poor weather at the prices they're asking. We aren't going to magic up 8,000 extra tourists for Burnley on a school night in January at £60 a pop. The attendance for Brentford a few weeks back was the lowest for a while. Between the parking ban around the ground and the opening of Co-op Live transport issues are going to become more apparent. At the core of our fanbase are people who have been going for decades and ordinary people from Greater Manchester and 50 miles around. The first group has seen it all and the second group aren't earning Fulham fan money. Do the club want to see rows of blue gaps like we had back in the day? Because if they keep raising ST and matchday ticket prices, reducing the senior discount, and artificially restricting the supply of season tickets, that's what we're going to end up with for a number of fixtures. And that ain't going to look good to overseas audiences on TV.
No one has ever mentioned that City might increase the away allocation when the North Stand opens,

Teams like Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, Arsenal, Villa etc would easily fill 5000 seats just like we would if offered the same for away games

No one has ever mentioned that City might increase the away allocation when the North Stand opens,

Teams like Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, Arsenal, Villa etc would easily fill 5000 seats just like we would if offered the same for away games

That won’t happen. The club would have to relocate most of SSL3. An extra 2000 seats up there. They won’t do that. The club aren’t going to give 5000 tickets to away fans. We’d become a laughing stock, just to fill the Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.