Season Tickets For The 2017-18 Season Have Sold Out

They said it was for security etc, why at the meeting didn't they just say it's illegal stop or you will end up in court? There's nothing to stop someone doing it anonymously on Facebook, anybidea how other clubs fans get in I'm assuming they have Facebook pages as well.

I'm all for fans being able to get match tickets in their end at face value or less. Some forums have been helpful with this.

That said, we have Bluemooners saying they can't get two season cards together (before the sold out signs went up). I see an increasing number of seascon cards being advertised on Facebook and I wonder if the Club have had complaints from Blues who have missed out on season cards. If that's the case then (in addition to legal issues raised by PB) I can see why the Club has acted.

It's easy to turn a blind eye to a few spares but indiscreet reselling of season cards seems a bigger issue to me. If season cards are re-sold then that should be done on the QT IMHO.

I'm all for fans being able to get match tickets in their end at face value or less. Some forums have been helpful with this.

That said, we have Bluemooners saying they can't get two season cards together (before the sold out signs went up). I see an increasing number of seascon cards being advertised on Facebook and I wonder if the Club have had complaints from Blues who have missed out on season cards. If that's the case then (in addition to legal issues raised by PB) I can see why the Club has acted.

It's easy to turn a blind eye to a few spares but indiscreet reselling of season cards seems a bigger issue to me. If season cards are re-sold then that should be done on the QT IMHO.

I think that would be my take on it Tim. The club probably turned a blind eye but the site was probably reported by other fans leaving the club little choice but to take action.

It would only take an incident in the ground for some bloke to appear on the MEN website with 6 year old 'liitle johnny' who has been traumatised by the whole experience.

could anyone tell me when we'll be receiving our new season cards? Bought em for me and my dad in June

Yes. premier league rules state we must give allocate a minimum of 3,000 seats to away fans, and reserve 5% for sale to non-season ticket holders.

I don't think we should sell too many season tickets because we need to build up our fan base

In the 2015-16 season, City had 120,000 unique home supporters. That is impressive. A lot more than I expected
Pedant alert. How can you have more than one unique anything? Someone trying to be posh and say unique instead of different?

Fairly pointless stat anyway as it would go up if you had fewer season ticket holders.

None. The re-sale of football tickets is a criminal offence unless done with the authority of the club. Doesn't matter that it's at face value or even less than face value if the season ticket is sold pro-rata and the match-day price is higher. Doesn't even matter if you give it away for nothing. It's illegal and no matter how much Daz Clarke may believe he's doing a service to City fans, even though he's not profiting from it his Facebook page is essentially a criminal enterprise.

Section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 makes it an offence to tout tickets for football matches by creating the following offence for an unauthorised person to:
  • Sell a ticket for a designated football match or
  • Otherwise to dispose of such a ticket to another person

Now I'm not saying that's a good thing but it is the law.
But he's not selling is he? Is he even advertising a ticket for sale?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.