Season Tickets For The 2017-18 Season Have Sold Out

I see no reason for the club to say they are sold out if they aren't. There is still plenty of time before the start of the season to shift many more, so stating it as sold out doesn't make any business sense unless season tickets actually sold out.
Sold out is a bit vague as within limits City can decide how many season tickets they are going to sell. Sold out just means when they take the off sale, and they use the term waiting list and sold out to make it look like there's big demand.

I don't suppose anyone has any numbers? Last thing official I know is 40,500 season ticket holders (Report and Accounts) for the 2015-16 season, and that record was broken last season, but as far as I know they never said how many season tickets were sold. I have a figure of 42,000 but I don't know where that came from.

I've heard we also have 2,000 corporate sales so assuming they are not in the season-ticket sales then I think 'season tickets' are around the 44,000 mark.

Sold out is a bit vague as within limits City can decide how many season tickets they are going to sell. Sold out just means when they take the off sale, and they use the term waiting list and sold out to make it look like there's big demand.

I don't suppose anyone has any numbers? Last thing official I know is 40,500 season ticket holders (Report and Accounts) for the 2015-16 season, and that record was broken last season, but as far as I know they never said how many season tickets were sold. I have a figure of 42,000 but I don't know where that came from.

I've heard we also have 2,000 corporate sales so assuming they are not in the season-ticket sales then I think 'season tickets' are around the 44,000 mark.

I guess the amount of season tickets they wish to sell depends on how many individual match tickets they think they can sell on average over the season as these tickets will obviously bring in more revenue per game than a season ticket will.

Isn't there a maximum any club can sell depending on the capacity of that stadium?

Be
Let's remember that the club tell us games are 'sold out' when they've dumped hundreds of tickets, most probably for nothing, knowing that these are unlikely to be used.
Behave Colin, know its a bee in your bonnet and I go along with what you say but can see no way they would have announced this at this stage if the had tickets to sell. Counter productive if they did.

Isn't there a maximum any club can sell depending on the capacity of that stadium?
Yes. premier league rules state we must give allocate a minimum of 3,000 seats to away fans, and reserve 5% for sale to non-season ticket holders.

I don't think we should sell too many season tickets because we need to build up our fan base

In the 2015-16 season, City had 120,000 unique home supporters. That is impressive. A lot more than I expected

Yes. premier league rules state we must give allocate a minimum of 3,000 seats to away fans, and reserve 5% for sale to non-season ticket holders.

I don't think we should sell too many season tickets because we need to build up our fan base

In the 2015-16 season, City had 120,000 unique home supporters. That is impressive. A lot more than I expected

So that means we could sell around 48k season tickets, wonder if this is how many we sold?

So that means we could sell around 48k season tickets, wonder if this is how many we sold?
Sure in previous seasons they have kept about 6000 for matchday think that might include the hospitality tickets not sure, so with the 3000 for away fans that would be anout 45000 s/c. Marvin is probaly right with his 44000.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.