Seasoncard - 2021/22 | Print at Home Tickets

I'm a season ticket holder wanting to print my ticket at home.

I've run through the instructions that were emailed to us. I've selected the options to print at home. Apparently, an email is going to be sent. I've tried this 5 or 6 times now over the past 24 hours and no email!

I've tried calling supporter services - I queue for 40 mins, the hold music stops but no one on the other end. Then it hangs up 5 minutes later.

Absolute shambles - I run an IT company and can't figure it out, so fuck knows how the average technophobe OAP will do it?
If you run an IT company don’t you use a smartphone?

My guess is that print at home will be gone next season and will be replaced with a similar system to that a train stations where you put in your payment card you bought the tickets with, in one of those machines round the academy, and your barcode ticket is printed.

Print at home is really poor as a system.

My guess is that print at home will be gone next season and will be replaced with a similar system to that a train stations where you put in your payment card you bought the tickets with, in one of those machines round the academy, and your barcode ticket is printed.

I used to have my own IT company and now work on the biggest & most complex digital programmes in the UK.

I also deliberately chose the PAH option because:
(a) I know with 100% certainty that it works. Therefore little risk.
(b) No system changes should have needed to ensure it was workable, therefore little risk.
(c) I know City's record on introducing change to the detriment of the fans. Big risk.

In IT, one of the primary drivers in the implementation of new technology is ensuring you mitigate known and potential risks. City ignored that concept but just about seem to have got away with it yesterday. A lot of that was seemingly down to some excellent contingency planning, so they should be commended for that but they still took an unnecessary risk.

I used to have my own IT company and now work on the biggest & most complex digital programmes in the UK.

I also deliberately chose the PAH option because:
(a) I know with 100% certainty that it works. Therefore little risk.
(b) No system changes should have needed to ensure it was workable, therefore little risk.
(c) I know City's record on introducing change to the detriment of the fans. Big risk.

In IT, one of the primary drivers in the implementation of new technology is ensuring you mitigate known and potential risks. City ignored that concept but just about seem to have got away with it yesterday. A lot of that was seemingly down to some excellent contingency planning, so they should be commended for that but they still took an unnecessary risk.
Fair enough. I can see PAH being an issue when people fold the bar code and leave it in their pocket and it gets wet. It's only a piece of A4 when all said.

I do see it as a temporary thing and would like to see the machines round the stadium to get your tickets from. We could even use the payment card for access rather than paper. Before the banks make them fully digital!

They can't possibly enforce this as 8% of the UK electorate don't have any. That's 3.5 million over 18s. Are kids meant to have something as well? It will be discriminatory towards the elderly and poorer fans. My dad doesn't have his driving licence anymore due to ill health and doesn't need a passport. Would he not be allowed in? Maybe the club could issue some ID. They could call it a season card.
Does he have a bus pass, his photo woukd be on there?

You are in trouble if your printer throws a wobbly and like mine did once, refused to feed paper through from the hopper.

I bit the bullet and changed my phone, sailed through at entrance J without any trouble at all. Still disappointed I will no longer have my little card to add to my collection, progress is what they say but how much does it actually save the Club?

Both mine and my mates PAH tickets did not work at the turnstile, had to be let in by a card carrying steward. Were both over 65, so wondering if they have only activated the adult tickets. Will email the club on Monday as I don't want to be looking round for a steward with an access card every game.

Last edited:
Hi can anyone advise
I have 2 season cards on my phone but would prefer to print of a ticket at home as the technical side of things confuses the life out of me.
Can I still opt to print my tickets and if so what do I have to do to achieve this ?

I was giving one of my season cards to a mate for the game. They weren’t comfortable with e-tickets so I opted to print it instead.

Both mine and my mates PAH tickets did not work at the turnstile, had to be let in my a card carrying steward. Were both over 65, so wondering if they have only activated the adult tickets. Will email the club on Monday as I don't want to be looking round for a steward with an access card every game.
My paper print from home ticket didnt work niether.steward got on his walki talki read out my supporter number to someone on the other end and said its now activated and then it worked so it looked like city hadnt activated the season ticket for print from home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.