Seasoncard - 2021/22 | Ticket Exchange

Definitely a catalogue of disasters. Sorry to hear that - my dad wasn’t technically savvy either & I would have had to download his ST on my phone but he travelled with me.

Hope you get everything sorted - with your contacts I guess you’ve emailed all this to Danny Wilson? He’s usually v helpful but you’ve been let down badly.
So not so world class customer service then mate.

You will see tomorrow when there are less than 45,000 in the stadium.

I'm glad you have had no issues.

Personally, I've spent about £40 on unanswered phone calls, petrol to and from the stadium, only to be told that the tickets I have purchased as a match day member, doesn't have a print at home option.

It is for season card holders only and I must ring the club seven days before each game to facilitate an email (that's if they can remember) so I can print at home, or must collect at the stadium.

My dad is 70, travels independently from me to the game, doesn't have a smart phone, doesn't have an email address.

He has watched City all his life, is ready to call it a day because his head hurts from the stress of it all.

He gets up at half four every morning and still works for a living and all he wants to do is go to the match. He is a physically fit man and should not be construed as acceptable collateral damage.

He is already nervous about mixing in crowds and I will go out of my way to pick him up and ensure tomorrow he doesn't have to use that bloody tram.

I told him today that the Etihad was now cashless and he almost cried and said he has had it to here with it all.

He wants to sit with his son, his grandson and enjoy the game.

An 18 month pandemic and City have rolled out a one size fits all scheme with little regard for a significant cross section of the club's support.

As a 47 year old man, myself, I can say I won't be far behind my dad if this keeps up.
I honestly think City want anyone over the age of 60 off the list & you gsters or 30 + have more tickets simply to spend more & for this mobile ticketing to work

They dont give a fuck imo

Personally, I've spent about £40 on unanswered phone calls, petrol to and from the stadium, only to be told that the tickets I have purchased as a match day member, doesn't have a print at home option.

It is for season card holders only and I must ring the club seven days before each game to facilitate an email (that's if they can remember) so I can print at home, or must collect at the stadium.

My dad is 70, travels independently from me to the game, doesn't have a smart phone, doesn't have an email address.

He has watched City all his life, is ready to call it a day because his head hurts from the stress of it all.

He gets up at half four every morning and still works for a living and all he wants to do is go to the match. He is a physically fit man and should not be construed as acceptable collateral damage.

He is already nervous about mixing in crowds and I will go out of my way to pick him up and ensure tomorrow he doesn't have to use that bloody tram.

I told him today that the Etihad was now cashless and he almost cried and said he has had it to here with it all.

An 18 month pandemic and City have rolled out a one size fits all scheme with little regard for a significant cross section of the club's support.

As a 47 year old man, myself, I can say I won't be far behind my dad if this keeps up.
That is it in a nutshell. I hope your Dad enjoys tomorrow and doesn't find the changes too much for him. A great many people still nervous about tomorrow and the club have shown absolutely no common sense or sensitivity.

Oh great, so that’s the outcome for Matchday members is it, phone up every time we have tickets for a game, 7 days beforehand (but no more), and then we get an email each time to print out? So all that about 1 phonecall being enough was just for SC holders only was it?

Anyway, thanks for posting that, gives a good insight into the way a lot of us are feeling at the moment..

Fair enough but 6000 posts by many of the same people. We've got 60,000 supporters most of whom are happy
Upsetting 10 per cent of your core customers would be a commercial disaster for most companies. I am lucky because I wanted to and could afford to upgrade my existing smartphone.
The communications process has been a disgrace. The customer service operation is truly diabolical. Not the staff who I have always found helpful, but the process and systems. All the problems stem from a sub-standard website.

Well said. I support a move to digital tickets but the way it has been handled is atrocious. They have had almost two years to plan this. We are the richest club in the world and can spend as much as we want on infrastructure (exempt from FFP). So why is our infrastructure so poor?

Upsetting 10 per cent of your core customers would be a commercial disaster for most companies. I am lucky because I wanted to and could afford to upgrade my existing smartphone.
The communications process has been a disgrace. The customer service operation is truly diabolical. Not the staff who I have always found helpful, but the process and systems. All the problems stem from a sub-standard website.

It’s not 10% though - many of the 6000 posters are repeats. Look - it’s a moot point anyway & I’m sick of this continual arguing amongst fans & against the club. There’s clearly a problem for some - many are fine.

But it seems to come down to the fact that some fans don’t have smart phones or printers & those fans should have been given cards.

However, the world is one of advancing technology & just as we moved away from our ST books - we will eventually think nothing of having everything on our phones. This is the first step & all clubs are doing it including the rags.

It’s not 10% though - many of the 6000 posters are repeats. Look - it’s a moot point anyway & I’m sick of this continual arguing amongst fans & against the club. There’s clearly a problem for some - many are fine.

But it seems to come down to the fact that some fans don’t have smart phones or printers & those fans should have been given cards.

However, the world is one of advancing technology & just as we moved away from our ST books - we will eventually think nothing of having everything on our phones. This is the first step & all clubs are doing it including the rags.
I am all in favour of digital tickets. Let's hope we win tomorrow and there is not too much chaos.

Reactions: CC1
Now that I’m convinced we will never get a ‘proper’ season card again and I don’t need to PAH for every game I am reluctantly accepting that this has to be the way forward! It doesn’t however let off the club for the monumental mess they have made.

The fans need real communication to EVERY Season access person (we can’t say Season Card anymore) via an explanatory LETTER not an email because not all fans have an email address and not via the website or Twitter/Facebook because not everyone has internet.

Maybe that’s the point that City Matters should be pushing. An apology and an explanation! IMHO

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.