Seasoncard - 2021/22

I'm all for it to be fair. Would stop the point collectors from pulling further ahead whilst sat at home.
But would stop the people who share seaoncards being able to share them.

In the late 90s/early 00s me my Dad, my Cousin and her son shared two seasoncards at Maine Road

I know one group of 3 lads who share two seasoncards, and I know a family of 5 brothers (older fellas) and their umpteen sons who share four seasoncards and go sporadically throughout the season between them all.

These people don’t do this to collect points; it’s all about affordability, availability, job/family commitments, some work Saturdays, some work Sundays, some can’t make midweek, some can’t afford a seasoncards on their own, some don’t want to go to every game but like to know those same seats are there for them if they put their hand up any week so they aren’t sat on their own if they do want to go…

I was at uni when I shared our seasoncards with our Cousin, I wasn’t always able to attend so my Dad and Cousin would go instead.

One thing’s for sure, these seats are never empty, as mine weren’t between 1999-2002.

Last edited by a moderator:
But would stop the people who share seaoncards being able to share them.

In the 90s me my Dad, my Cousin and her son shared two seasoncards.

I know one group of 3 lads who share two seasoncards, and I know a family of 5 brothers (older fellas) and their umpteen sons who share four seasoncards and go sporadically throughout the season between them all.
Raised this with the CM rep 2 years ago - they just said it was illegal. If you ask the club for permission they laugh and say you don't need it unless it is for a higher category and then have to get an upgrade.

If you don't enforce a law it ceases to become a law though, and the club profit from allowing flexibility as some would not buy if only they could use it for various valid reasons.

Raised this with the CM rep 2 years ago - they just said it was illegal. If you ask the club for permission they laugh and say you don't need it unless it is for a higher category and then have to get an upgrade.

If you don't enforce a law it ceases to become a law though, and the club profit from allowing flexibility as some would not buy if only they could use it for various valid reasons.
Sharing tickets isn't illegal. Selling them without authority is, technically, illegal. The club is more concerned with ensuring tickets are used, rather than seats being left empty. Digital ticketing will potentially make it easier.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we had an amnesty last year and this year they are potentially using e-tickets.

The club don’t like Seasoncards being shared and would much rather you sold them back to the club so they could re sell. They don’t want empty seats

Call me cynical but I think Covid has given them the excuse to push forward with this

The rules on tickets are that they aren't transferable. Not only that but it's a criminal offence to do so unfortunately. If you want to stop people using other people's tickets then ID checks are the answer.
That says sharing is illegal.

If photo ID required then the club are having a laugh, even british governments have known ID cards are not popular

For non drivers who won't be carrying rpund photo ID normally what do they want them to do? Carry their work badge or passport around.

E-tickets I can live with as most stuff is through an app now, photo ID though I think is unecessary.
I've previously bought and sold e-tickets, do you think you're trying to do away them?

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we had an amnesty last year and this year they are potentially using e-tickets.

The club don’t like Seasoncards being shared and would much rather you sold them back to the club so they could re sell. They don’t want empty seats

Call me cynical but I think Covid has given them the excuse to push forward with this
Yep. Weird coincidence that all the "covid" measures lead to maximising profit for City. E-tickets is the next logical step.

Other clubs (Brighton and Spurs for example) legitimise ticket sharing to a group, ie like the family and friends links that City have. City prefer the exchange and maximising the match day income.

If photo ID required then the club are having a laugh, even british governments have known ID cards are not popular

For non drivers who won't be carrying rpund photo ID normally what do they want them to do? Carry their work badge or passport around.

E-tickets I can live with as most stuff is through an app now, photo ID though I think is unecessary.
You don't need to present photo id these days. They can ask for an image, like a passport photo, that is put electronically on your card and displays on a screen on the stewards side of the turnstile. You see this in commercial buildings now a days on a regular basis. I had to have images lodged with partners in London that were checked on my arrival and photo put on my temporary pass. Didn't get sent once and it took me nearly an hour to get in the building.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.