Seasoncard - 2021/22

My social media has been bombarded with adverts for citizen membership and the gift pack you get.

Long term for big clubs day trippers are a better clientel, more likely to treat it as a special day out, be there early, go to city square and do shopping in the store.

Season card holders won't be spending as much for a regular occurance as someone who visits maybe 3 times at most a season.

Not saying these moves are part of this, but if you ain't going to a game, your seat being sold to a day tripper is better from the clubs perspective.

Last edited:
That says sharing is illegal.
But you're not sharing as the ticket is in the name of an individual not a "syndicate" In reality the registered seasoncard owner is gifting/transferring/selling their ticket. Which is considered illegal. The club could change how the ticket is recorded, who is allowed to use it and demand that the user of the ticket is confirmed beforehand. Images held on file and visible to the steward at the turnstile when card/e-ticket is presented

My social media has been bombarded with adverts for citizen membership and the gift pack you get.

Long term for big clubs day trippers are a better clientel, more likely to treat it as a special day out, be there early, go to city square and do shopping in the store.

Season card holders won't be spending as much for a regular occurance as someone who visits maybe 3 times at most a season.

Not saying these moves are part of this, but if you ain't going to a game, your seat being sold to a day tripper is better from the clubs perspective.

I hate that this makes sense and I think, from a business point of view, ‘yep, I get that.’

Its not limited to us but, Christ, we’ve got to fight it. It’ll kill the game. Flat, sterile atmosphere. Shite

What?

Sorry not sure what you are saying to me.

I am notnon about printed tickets
Sorry UG, should have been more clearer pal.

Etickets are a fairly new thing, not sure how many seasons they have been in use but i got into trouble a few seasons back for scanning an eticket on my phone and not scanning a paper printed off e-ticket, said i was in some breach of security (post MEN explosion) but little did i know.

The Everton game was non ticket transferable and i was sent an e-ticket to my Google pay wallet, same with those on apple pay, i presume ? The club made it difficult to get an e-ticket sent to my email address, that's how it came across to me anyway.

What a depressing thread this is. After being told for over a year how much they 'miss us' and the chairman saying how much he hated fans being there you start reading about families not being able to share tickets, photo id, e tickets etc and basically having to jump through hoops all aided by our wonderful fans reps!

Seriously getting to the stage where they can shove their empty words right up their arse!

Villa are putting photos on seasoncards this season.
What with all the bag searching and wanding before you even get to a turnstile, I can not see anybody checking your photo. I went to the Everton game armed with my bus pass and passport and not once was I asked for photo ID and that was for a crowd of 10k.

STs are gonna get 19 vouchers in their pack - a free Bovril 'n pie at every home game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.