Seasoncard - 2021/22

Heh heh we don't half love a flap on here :)
had 2 season tickets for me and my eldest daughter in the family stand since she was a kid ! she is now 25 and works a lot of weekends so i take my youngest daughter who is now 16 in on an adult ticket if the eldest cant make it and have done so for a few years ! she is more interested in the football too and loves city ! i also have no smart phone! if whats being banded about is true then with a heavy heart i might have to tell the club to stick their tickets where the sun dont shine and call it a day!

had 2 season tickets for me and my eldest daughter in the family stand since she was a kid ! she is now 25 and works a lot of weekends so i take my youngest daughter who is now 16 in on an adult ticket if the eldest cant make it and have done so for a few years ! she is more interested in the football too and loves city ! i also have no smart phone! if whats being banded about is true then with a heavy heart i might have to tell the club to stick their tickets where the sun dont shine and call it a day!

The club really aren't monsters there is bound to be if true a plan b

I know of 4 SCs near me in Family Stand L2 that are not being renewed (one being my Daughters) . I think this will be replicated in other parts of the ground so first timers or people who want to come back should have a very good chance this time.

As others have said the club will probably be sympathetic to swapping a seat from one family member to another in certain circumstances - especially in the family stand. I had to do that a few years ago when my eldest went off to uni and my youngest wanted to attend, but I just risked it by putting the youngest on the waiting list, not renewing the eldest's seat and hoping no-one nabbed it before I could pick it up when the window opened. I maybe got lucky and no-one had but if they had I would just have rang up to see if there was anywhere we could relocate to.

Now I've got the issue where my youngest is at uni and my eldest wants to return so looking to do the same again!

That says sharing is illegal.
It is technically illegal to sell a ticket for a designated football match with authorisation from the organiser. It's a ridiculous law and is largely ignored in most cases. But it's still a law. So when I was on the CL scheme but working away from home during the week, I'd either sell or even give my ticket away.

The seasoncard T&C's say tickets aren't transferable (so not against the law as such) but, again, that's routinely ignored by ticket holders and the club. The only time you'll risk getting into trouble is if you're using a concession ticket that you're not entitled to use.

I believe the club actually wants to encourage transferring tickets in future as it wants to fill empty seats. This problem isn't specific to City but impacts all clubs where people have tickets, particularly season tickets, then can't or don't attend games. Filling those seats has no impact on ticket revenue, as the ticket has already been bought and paid for, but it may increase food and drink or merchandise sales. It also looks better.

Personally, I'd completely revisit the idea of the traditional season cards that we're used to (and there have been some very high level discussions about this at City Matters) but it may be a step too far at the moment. In the meantime, I believe that digital ticketing will help improve the current problems of transferability, such as giving your card to someone, getting it back, etc.

If that happens (and I believe that's the plan) then it makes no sense to have a clause about non-transferability in the T&C's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.