Seasoncard - 2021/22

And then it still depends on who you speak to. Some have said they were told it was no problem and that they would definitely get one. I was told you can request one but that it would be reviewed on a case by case basis and you aren’t guaranteed one.

I suspect that people were being told different things purely to get them off the call and I’m doubtful that I’ll be getting one (or anyone else for that matter).

Let’s see..
I think if you want a card you can insist on one.
Case by case basis my arse.
I phoned up and told them I required a card simple as that,
No reason why was asked or would have been given!
Send the card out, end of!

It will be probably be too late in the day before the start of the season, but City should offer the chance to go and watch a training session/family event etc at the stadium free of charge as a tester for when the season starts. Wasn't lucky enough to get a ticket for Everton but it sounds like there were a number of issues with digital tickets. Hopefully they would have acted on that and resolved, but rather than wait till the first game of the season, have a "practice" run/test event as I can see its going to be a nightmare.

I'm sure that I have read on here that if you want a plastic card it's by exception & you have to ring supporter services to request one.

Not seen anything official though.
Did exactly that and requested a card for entry for myself and friends and family. Told me cards are now ordered.

My wife was told today by Supporters Services that people who have deferred cannot become Citizen Matchday Members, and that she should apply for tickets in the 'usual way'!

That just can't be right, as I have now had it stated directly over the phone, by email and on twitter, I had to purchase Cityzen match day to have a go at priority tickets, they even added the 25 points to my deferred seasoncard.

It's sat there now on my online account showing seasoncard deferral and then alongside it, Cityzen match day member.

I think the conjecture might be that the Cityzen match day card purely gives you the earliest opportunity (priority) to purchase in advance for games?

Deferred seasoncard holders can purchase, but only when the sale window criteria opens up, which is likely to mean hardly tickets left to go at, once Cityzen match day are factored on top of season ticket holders.

But there is absolutely nothing to stop people who deferred buying Cityzen match day - for £35 it was a no-brainer so I can go to the bigger games.

Last edited:
That just can't be right, as I have now had it stated directly over the phone, by email and on twitter, I had to purchase Cityzen match day to have a go at tickets.

It's sat there now on my online account showing seasoncard deferral and then alongside it, Cityzen match day member.

I think the conjecture might be that the Cityzen match day card gives you the earliest opportunity (priority) to purchase in advance for games?

Deferred seasoncard holders can purchase, but only when the sale window criteria opens up, which is likely to mean hardly tickets left to go at, once Cityzen match day are factored on top of season ticket holders.
I called them up as couldn’t order Cityzen Matchday online due to deferred Season Ticket. The lady I spoke to said I needed the Matchday Cityzen membership to stand a chance of getting tickets to the big games. Pretty much what Tolmie said.

I just said I’m 80 yrs old can’t handle this new technology and the lovely lad said I’ll put you down for a card!

Basically I guess I played the OAP card. Don’t do it often and it wasn’t really intentional but he wasn’t fobbing me off. I’d asked the question as an aside whilst his manager was finding the answer to another question.

I don't really have much anxiety about getting to grips with the tech but I do have a load of anxiety about being out for the day, and watching my battery get close to 10% before an evening game.

I called them up as couldn’t order Cityzen Matchday online due to deferred Season Ticket. The lady I spoke to said I needed the Matchday Cityzen membership to stand a chance of getting tickets to the big games. Pretty much what Tolmie said.

Yep, same issue for me. System online wouldn't allow me to click and purchase but they did it over phone for a £2.50 charge.

To be clear, if you defer, it doesn't matter if you have 12k points like me, you won't get priority to buy tickets unless you pay £35 for Cityzen.

Cash trumps the points on this one and that's fair enough, as I can't expect to defer and then still have a priority over somebody who has paid £35 to secure a priority.

A deferred season card holder without a Cityzen card CAN buy tickets, but by the time they are eligible to buy, very few tickets will remain because of how long until your opportunity comes around, certainly for the biggest games sold in advance.

£35 just puts you in the right queue to be successful.

I just said I’m 80 yrs old can’t handle this new technology and the lovely lad said I’ll put you down for a card!

Basically I guess I played the OAP card. Don’t do it often and it wasn’t really intentional but he wasn’t fobbing me off. I’d asked the question as an aside whilst his manager was finding the answer to another question.
I'm 'only' 59, I've already started playing the 'not as young as I used to be' card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.