Seasoncard - 2021/22

I just don’t understand the problem with issuing cards. They do not to to send a new one each year, they just need to reactivate the previous one. I have a season card for Edinburgh Speedway and they haven’t issued me a new card in four or five years. If you renew that reactivate, if not they don’t. All very simple and no costs incurred. It works exactly the same with Hibernian.

Unless they have improved the gate scanner system dramatically since the Everton match, it will be a bloody shambles with a full crowd trying to get in using phones.
Bad enough getting off the platform at Piccadilly.

Can anyone who went to the last game of the season confirm what app you needed on an Iphone to display your ticket please?
They sent a email with the link and it downloads it straight to the wallet app that should already be installed.

Getting the ticket wasn't a problem. The issue arose when trying to get it read at the turnstile.

I just don’t understand the problem with issuing cards. They do not to to send a new one each year, they just need to reactivate the previous one. I have a season card for Edinburgh Speedway and they haven’t issued me a new card in four or five years. If you renew that reactivate, if not they don’t. All very simple and no costs incurred. It works exactly the same with Hibernian.

Unless they have improved the gate scanner system dramatically since the Everton match, it will be a bloody shambles with a full crowd trying to get in using phones.
I know a senior steward and was talking about the chaos at the Everton game, apparently the 'trial' of digital tickets via mobile phone and the NFC readers was a success??? He even said it will be a nightmare. And there is no plan to upgrade the turnstiles, that are clearly designed for cards, not mobile phones...

The technology behind the cards is old tech and the system has to be updated now. I think they could have gone with an updated plastic card solution but that won't have the longevity of going with the mobile phone solution.

I think if you want a card you can insist on one.
Case by case basis my arse.
I phoned up and told them I required a card simple as that,
No reason why was asked or would have been given!
Send the card out, end of!
I think a seasoncard dropping thru the letterbox this close season will be the modern day equivalent of a letter from Littlewoods in the day ( f o c ) guilty as charged your honour

What did you say?
I had it all worked out what I was going to say. Along the lines of I don't have a smartphone, or a printer at home and I'm not very confident with new technology; can I have a card please?

Didn't Need any of that, the guy just took my supporter number, postcode and date of birth and ordered me a card. Did the same for my brother too, again just took the details, no questions asked.

Also straight through on the phone, no waiting.

The technology behind the cards is old tech and the system has to be updated now. I think they could have gone with an updated plastic card solution but that won't have the longevity of going with the mobile phone solution.
I will settle for technology that actually works rather than repeat the fiasco of the Everton match. My iPhone X was used to try and gain admission and after numerous failed attempts at two different turnstiles the steward appeared to wave me through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.