Seasoncard - 2021/22

And for the Women's team...

The Club will be introducing mobile ticketing for all matches at the Academy Stadium for the 2021/22 season. This follows its successful trial at the Etihad Stadium at the Club’s final match of the 2020/21 season.

Further information about mobile ticketing will follow in due course.

And for the Women's team...

The Club will be introducing mobile ticketing for all matches at the Academy Stadium for the 2021/22 season. This follows its successful trial at the Etihad Stadium at the Club’s final match of the 2020/21 season.

Further information about mobile ticketing will follow in due course.
there's always a chance it will go tits up

I had it all worked out what I was going to say. Along the lines of I don't have a smartphone, or a printer at home and I'm not very confident with new technology; can I have a card please?

Didn't Need any of that, the guy just took my supporter number, postcode and date of birth and ordered me a card. Did the same for my brother too, again just took the details, no questions asked.

Also straight through on the phone, no waiting.
Yeah i was gonna say something similar. Ill bell em tomorrow

I think that we will end up falling between two stools with this. The fact that we are within a month of the start of the season without any definitive info from City about how our seasoncards will work makes me fear a huge cock-up may have happened behind the scenes. Conflicting information from Supporter Services has done nothing for our collective confidence as fans. I personally would prefer a plastic card, but for safety's sake I've reluctantly accepted the digital system, only because I'm sceptical about all those offers of plastic cards actually coming to fruition. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the supposed "plastic card offers" end up as "print at home". I just can't see City running with 3 systems. It's an absolute shambles that we, the fans whom, from Khaldoon downwards, are being constantly described as so valuable to the Club still have no confirmation of how we are actually going to get into matches ! On the back of the European Super League fiasco it appears to me that this shows just how out of touch the Club is with it's fanbase.

I think that we will end up falling between two stools with this. The fact that we are within a month of the start of the season without any definitive info from City about how our seasoncards will work makes me fear a huge cock-up may have happened behind the scenes. Conflicting information from Supporter Services has done nothing for our collective confidence as fans. I personally would prefer a plastic card, but for safety's sake I've reluctantly accepted the digital system, only because I'm sceptical about all those offers of plastic cards actually coming to fruition. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the supposed "plastic card offers" end up as "print at home". I just can't see City running with 3 systems. It's an absolute shambles that we, the fans whom, from Khaldoon downwards, are being constantly described as so valuable to the Club still have no confirmation of how we are actually going to get into matches ! On the back of the European Super League fiasco it appears to me that this shows just how out of touch the Club is with it's fanbase.
Completely agree. For some considerable time this club has been struggling with an identity crisis. At first it was a football club trying to become a business. Sadly it is now a business poorly disguised as a football club and becoming worse at pulling it off as every day passes. This ticketing shambles really is beyond belief and I can only imagine that those who are trying to fix something that was never broken have completely forgot there are 50,000+ people waiting upon the outcome of this pointless experiment. Other than piss every one of the customer off in the process, just WTF are they hoping to achieve with this needless change? It really is like they have not got a clue and are so far up their own backside the light has gone off and they forgotten there is a world outside.

Last edited:
The criticism of the club over this is a tad unfair in my opinion. I've mentioned before that the plastic card we use for access will have to change at some point, because it is based on old technology and susceptible to fraud. Whenever that change occurs it will be a steep learning curve and problems will arise, it might as well be now whilst there are a number of deferred supporters. The club have chosen a bank-grade solution (so future-proofed as much as possible) and once the problems are ironed out access will be as streamlined as you could wish.

I'm not ITK or anything but it would not surprise me if those asking for cards get individual match-specific cards rather than a season long one, or it'll end up being printed match tickets. I would say the club are still gathering numbers on it all and hence why they're being silent on how everything will work.

Completely agree. For some considerable time this club has been struggling with an identity crisis. At first it was a football club trying to become a business. Sadly it is now a business poorly disguised as a football club and becoming worse at pulling it off as every day passes. This ticketing shambles really is beyond belief and I can only imagine that those who are trying to fix something that was never broke have completely forgot there are 50,000+ people waiting upon the outcome of this pointless experiment. Other than piss every one of the customer off in the process, just WTF are they hoping to achieve with this needless change? It really is like they have not got a clue and are so far up their own backside the light has gone off and they forgotten their is a world outside.

Absolutely. Agree with every word you've said.

I told the club I wasn't renewing mine and my lads tickets.
I cancelled the direct debit,and this morning I get a text from the bank saying a DD was going out for £250.
Yep,the club tried to take the money.

This is not intended as a criticism of the club just my attempt to understand why they don’t seem as close to the fans as they could be.
I think it’s difficult for the upper echelons of management to understand fans as they are from diverse cultures and as far as I know none of upper management are British let alone Mancunian.
The rumoured policy of preferring to employ non City fans is a lost opportunity to get close to actual fans and hear their opinions on a daily basis.
I am aware a small group of fans get the opportunity to occasionally present their views to the club but this not the same as mixing with employed fans on a daily basis and hearing their gripes and concerns.

a simple process for me. Just emailed them & said I need my 3 STs as seasoncards. Got an email reply very quickly confirming that season cards would be issued!
I sent an email yesterday afternoon asking for a plastic season card,explaining that my smartphone is not NFC enabled.
I have just received a reply from customer services thanking me for my season card request, and explaining that they will provide details of available ticket options in due course.
So I no further forward than I was yesterday.
Very perplexing to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.