Seasoncard - 2021/22

The worst that would happen would be someone gets in the ground instead of you.
You're not explaining this, despite having been asked to do so a number of times.

Can the seasoncard be cloned? Probably but where's the evidence that it's happening on a significant scale?
Does it have data securty issues and expose our personal data? Can't see it, as there's no sensitive data on the card as I understand it.

It works on exactly the same basis as mobile technology (i.e. NFC) so any issues with the cards will be issues with mobile.

Hi @Prestwich_Blue just a quick, partially off topic (sorry Mods) question. Where are the minutes of the City Matters meetings please? I’m probably looking in the wrong place, but it’s where I’ve looked in the past and can’t find them. I know they’ve been virtual meetings but minutes will have been taken surely?

Rallyl hate saying any thing good about the dippers, but my mates a season ticket holder they have been told to create a list of who they want to share there ticket with, believe they just have to be a non paying member , also a plastic card with a photo on can be ordered think £6. Meanwhile at city..........
... our club seem to be making it more difficult to get into the ground.

You're not explaining this, despite having been asked to do so a number of times.

Can the seasoncard be cloned? Probably but where's the evidence that it's happening on a significant scale?
Does it have data securty issues and expose our personal data? Can't see it, as there's no sensitive data on the card as I understand it.

It works on exactly the same basis as mobile technology (i.e. NFC) so any issues with the cards will be issues with mobile.
The cards store limited amounts of static data. The mobiles use better encrypted dynamic data and there's a two way data exchange with the reader so no, they're not the same.

The tech behind the current cards was first hacked in 2011. I would say that if they're not yet clonable, it won't be long, and if someone got in that shouldn't have and did something then it wouldn't look good on the club running such tech.

I'm Microsoft Certified in Databases, and data security is a big issue, who should have access to what. Now the club may have managed to mitigate the risk in some way and I'm therefore being dramatic, but I'd not be advising running 18 year old tech that's been compromised. If you can afford the best, buy it.

The only thing your card needs to store is the small F: number. Lose your card you get another number so the previous one doesn't work.

The cards store limited amounts of static data. The mobiles use better encrypted dynamic data and there's a two way data exchange with the reader so no, they're not the same.

The tech behind the current cards was first hacked in 2011. I would say that if they're not yet clonable, it won't be long, and if someone got in that shouldn't have and did something then it wouldn't look good on the club running such tech.

I'm Microsoft Certified in Databases, and data security is a big issue, who should have access to what. Now the club may have managed to mitigate the risk in some way and I'm therefore being dramatic, but I'd not be advising running 18 year old tech that's been compromised. If you can afford the best, buy it.

Haven't we already established that the security implications are minimal (practically non existent)? Or more accurately we are waiting for a sensible reason why the existing system is beyond the pale.

I'd be astonished if someone couldn't already clone our season cards. I bet if my wallet was stolen the thief would take my Mastercard, American Express card and Visa debit card and bin my City season card with the rest of my wallet's contents. I don't think security is the issue here.

(((Not relevant at all this, but I'm also a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer, and an Amazon Web Services Certified Developer.)))

Haven't we already established that the security implications are minimal (practically non existent)? Or more accurately we are waiting for a sensible reason why the existing system is beyond the pale.

I'd be astonished if someone couldn't already clone our season cards. I bet if my wallet was stolen the thief would take my Mastercard, American Express card and Visa debit card and bin my City season card with the rest of my wallet's contents. I don't think security is the issue here.

(((Not relevant at all this, but I'm also a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer, and an Amazon Web Services Certified Developer.)))
I think the thief would have binned the card in the Stuart Pearce minimal goals season

If we were talking about payment cards, or cards that contained sensitive personal data, then you'd have a point. But each card is linked to a specific seat. You'd have to replicate that link if you cloned a card and that would show up pretty easily.

As GortonBlue62 rightly says, what exactly is the risk and how significant is it. I'd say minimal and pretty insignificant, unless the club tell us otherwise.

We may think we have a few issues with our s/c and tickets.I’m sure we have a few niggles.
On the other hand was talking to a Newcastle fan today, he got an e- mail yesterday , first communication from the club for months. The e- mail was for two things, first telling him that he can renew, soon, not sure on a date yet.
Secondly to inform him about refunds for the cancelled games at the end of the 19/20 season, yes really just now letting them know . However as he was in the last year of a 10 year scheme where if they signed up for 10 years they got a discount on their card, he wouldn’t be getting any refunds for the cancelled games he ‘d paid for as he’d had discounted season tickets. He could though if he likes sign up to a new 10 year scheme. Oh and no deferral option.

Hi @Prestwich_Blue just a quick, partially off topic (sorry Mods) question. Where are the minutes of the City Matters meetings please? I’m probably looking in the wrong place, but it’s where I’ve looked in the past and can’t find them. I know they’ve been virtual meetings but minutes will have been taken surely?
That's a good question. I'll bring it up on Thursday when we meet them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.