Seasoncard - 2021/22

so it will allow the turnstile to except 2 or 3 or 4 or even more people after the mobile is scanned

or you have to go through and pass the mobile back etc ?
I would have thought that a phone could contain codes for multiple children along with an accompanying adult. Each child’s code would be scanned individually giving that person access to pass through the turnstile. The adult’s code would have to be the last to be scanned as they’d then be taking the phone into the stadium. I’m trying to look at it logically - it’s anyone’s guess whether or not City will try to do that.

I would have thought that a phone could contain codes for multiple children along with an accompanying adult. Each child’s code would be scanned individually giving that person access to pass through the turnstile. The adult’s code would have to be the last to be scanned as they’d then be taking the phone into the stadium. I’m trying to look at it logically - it’s anyone’s guess whether or not City will try to do that.
So what if there are two parents and two children going. Would the codes for the children be included in the phone of both parents or just one?

What happens if one parent cannot attend and the children’s codes are on that phone?

Seriously only an IT professional could come up with such a flawed system as that! Let sanity prevail!

Under 18s can't get it though, so the ones who go on their own are knackered.

Also some people are not allowed cameras on their phones or the internet by law.
Agree that it’s not ideal for unaccompanied kids. I was just coming up with a possible solution for those who are with an adult.

One slight saving grace is that I assume these digital tickets will be used for the 20 odd thousand going to the Comm Shield at Wembley. If it goes tits up for that, at least there are then a couple of weeks to sort things out before the first home game. Then again, probably more chance of Ryan Giggs winning Love Island!

Exactly that if we're doing what Arsenal are doing, this is from their web page help...
"
My child does not have a smart phone?
We would recommend loading your child’s ticket to your phone. When accessing your digital tickets on your mobile device, you will be able to swipe left and right between different tickets to find the correct one to scan. When approaching the turnstile please have the child’s ticket ready first. Scan that ticket and let them go through the turnstile before scanning and entering on your own ticket."

One slight saving grace is that I assume these digital tickets will be used for the 20 odd thousand going to the Comm Shield at Wembley. If it goes tits up for that, at least there are then a couple of weeks to sort things out before the first home game. Then again, probably more chance of Ryan Giggs winning Love Island!
Has the ticket format for the Wembley game been released what was used for the England game's ?

So what if there are two parents and two children going. Would the codes for the children be included in the phone of both parents or just one?

What happens if one parent cannot attend and the children’s codes are on that phone?

Seriously only an IT professional could come up with such a flawed system as that! Let sanity prevail!
The passes will be on one phone at a time. You can send them to another device that has Apple or Google Pay by forwarding the email containing the ticket link.

Again from Arsenal ...

"
Can I forward a Digital Ticket?
You cannot forward a ticket within your Apple Wallet or Google Pay apps but if you have purchased a ticket for a friend of family member, you may forward the email containing the relevant ticket to the match attendee who can add the digital ticket to their Apple or Google wallet from their email. If you have added a digital ticket to your wallet, you must ‘remove pass’ from your smart phone and / or smart watch before forwarding the ticket in order to enable your friend or family member to add the ticket to their digital wallet."

Last edited:
Exactly that if we're doing what Arsenal are doing, this is from their web page help...
"
My child does not have a smart phone?
We would recommend loading your child’s ticket to your phone. When accessing your digital tickets on your mobile device, you will be able to swipe left and right between different tickets to find the correct one to scan. When approaching the turnstile please have the child’s ticket ready first. Scan that ticket and let them go through the turnstile before scanning and entering on your own ticket."
Seen this at Everton match, the kid (about 7ish) got through but his Dad couldn't, the wife and I waited with him but this technology is concerning as we should have plastic season cards for back up

The passes will be on one phone at a time. You can send them to another device that has Apple or Google Pay by forwarding the email containing the ticket link.

Again from Arsenal ...

"
Can I forward a Digital Ticket?
You cannot forward a ticket within your Apple Wallet or Google Pay apps but if you have purchased a ticket for a friend of family member, you may forward the email containing the relevant ticket to the match attendee who can add the digital ticket to their Apple or Google wallet from their email. If you have added a digital ticket to your wallet, you must ‘remove pass’ from your smart phone and / or smart watch before forwarding the ticket in order to enable your friend or family member to add the ticket to their digital wallet."
I think that you have summed up why this is going to be an absolute car crash unless there is a change in policy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.