Seasoncard - 2021/22

Each to their own , but don't get why you would not have a smart phone they make life so much easier .

There will be 20k fans ringing up every week for print at home as there was no option for Everton like promised without calling up which took 2/3 hours- it is ridiculous.

Ten people directly in front of me had issues getting in with mobile tickets, one they just let it. The club are creating more failure demand, and it will be a full time job dealing with it.
I had to piggy back on my sons phone for the Everton match. Thought sod it I am getting a new phone, which I have now done and wish I had done it sooner. Busy loading on apps that I need and having a blast.

So are you saying it was “a successful trial” then?
I have no idea if it was or wasn't, only the people analysing what happened and the fixes for the problems would know that. I'm just saying just because there were problems which we saw first hand it doesn't automatically mean it wasn't seen as a success.

I have no idea if it was or wasn't, only the people analysing what happened and the fixes for the problems would know that. I'm just saying just because there were problems which we saw first hand it doesn't automatically mean it wasn't seen as a success.
The fact that thousands rung up for paper tickets means it wasn't despite phones failing to scan, and people being let in without scanning when they gave up which the people analysing it won't know about.

Including platinum option is a piss take. I don't understand why they aren't putting a freeze on ticket points during the pandemic, don't allow people to accrue more until we're back to a full stadium. If somebody pays for platinum and then reduced capacity means they can't go, they then don't get the only thing they've paid extra for, so what's the point? And if they are freezing it, again, what's the point?

Will wait until the full details are out to see their plans but I was expecting platinum to be ditched

Until we are back to full capacity I would have liked to have seen a blanket price similar to the gold price. Given they can't possibly guarantee every season card holder their ticket for every game, have everybody pay the same, then they devise a way of choosing who gets a ticket on a game by game basis(whether that's based on points, random ballot, a weighted ballot or whatever) and assign everybody that gets a ticket for each match a random seat. With social distancing likely to be in place at the very least for the start of the season, how they guarantee every season card holder their seat, or even a seat in the same area of the ground? Seems odd to have somebody pay more for a better seat they're unlikely to actually be in.

I think it's very important they don't penalise people who choose to defer in any way. I'm currently leaning towards deferring this season, I want to be back but for a number of reasons it's not a top priority for me right now, I'll go but I'm not desperate to go and I'm okay with missing out and allowing others more keen to go take my place until its back to full capacity.

However, whether I actually defer or not is going to be decided entirely by what they say about it. If it means losing my seat when I return, that's an instant no go. And the other is the ticket points. I have enough to get tickets for most away games, a year off with ticket points still awarded is 1k missed points before away games and means Im probably dropping out of the safety zone for the usual cut off criteria and 2 decades of point accumulation turn meaningless instantly for all but finals.

If either of those are impacted by deferring I'll be renewing regardless. it's more preferable to take the hit and have an unused season ticket for a year than to lose my seat and/or my place in line for away tickets and I suspect there's going to be plenty of people thinking similarly which not only impacts them but lessens the chance for others to go too. Be sensible City.

This mobile ticket could be a pain. I go to NZ for a couple of months and usually give my card to my brother in law so at least there is a bum on my seat of a supporter. Not sure how we will get around that!
Buy a cheap phone that is Apple/Android Wallet compatible and put the tickets on there. Then you can go to NZ with your phone and still give your ticket to who you want. ID checks permitting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.