Seasoncard - 2021/22

Think you've missed part of the objections against it.

A lot of people don't use Google Pay / Apple Pay or even have a smartphone
A card doesn't need charging and it's a quick swipe under the reader and you're in
The trial of mobile ticketing was (apparently) a disaster at Everton with 10k, yet we're going to risk 40k plus in August (I'll guarantee there will be thousands missing the first kick off)

and most importantly if I can't make a game and I want my mate who sits next to me the opportunity to bring his missus I can just give him my card. I can't do that with mobile ticketing.

This is a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.
Mobile tickets and photo ID are just methods to maximise income (profit) and also to excerpt control. Stops tickets being passed around and pushes people to the ticket exchange at premium pricing. The amnesty was part of that - lauded as great news for some but taken with mobile tickets and ID being required it's a way of making money, not because supporters want it nor have asked for it.

Yes thats correct.
Bloody hell, my mum, dad & uncle were hoping to possibly move to the North Stand level 1.
I really hope the people buying the seats take full advantage and go every game possible - or at least sell their tickets when they can’t attend.

Last edited:
Think you've missed part of the objections against it.

A lot of people don't use Google Pay / Apple Pay or even have a smartphone
A card doesn't need charging and it's a quick swipe under the reader and you're in
The trial of mobile ticketing was (apparently) a disaster at Everton with 10k, yet we're going to risk 40k plus in August (I'll guarantee there will be thousands missing the first kick off)

and most importantly if I can't make a game and I want my mate who sits next to me the opportunity to bring his missus I can just give him my card. I can't do that with mobile ticketing.

This is a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.
16% of the U.K. population don’t have a smart phone. 10m people.

3.2m over 80. (I know one esteemed member of BM is of this age, but the vast majority of match goers are younger than this)
12m under 16s.

Therefore the vast majority of 16-80 year olds have a smart phone.

You do realise that just because the e-ticket system wasn’t perfect at the Everton game, it doesn’t mean that it’ll be shit *forever* right?

A trial is exactly that. They’ll figure out what didn’t work properly and fix it.

Fucking hell…some proper luddites on here.

Mobile wallets are great, it’s a convenient way to keep everything in one place without having to bring 10 different cards and bits of paper around. I don’t even take my wallet out with me anywhere these days.

16% of the U.K. population don’t have a smart phone. 10m people.

3.2m over 80. (I know one esteemed member of BM is of this age, but the vast majority of match goers are younger than this)
12m under 16s.

Therefore the vast majority of 16-80 year olds have a smart phone.

Yes, I'd actually say that over 90% of adults have a smartphone, but what percentage of users with Smartphones use Google or Apple pay?

And still stops me passing my ticket on to a mate at no cost for the 1-2 games a year I can't make.

You do realise that just because the e-ticket system wasn’t perfect at the Everton game, it doesn’t mean that it’ll be shit *forever* right?

A trial is exactly that. They’ll figure out what didn’t work properly and fix it.

Fucking hell…some proper luddites on here.

Mobile wallets are great, it’s a convenient way to keep everything in one place without having to bring 10 different cards and bits of paper around. I don’t even take my wallet out with me anywhere these days.
There is an extra cost, buy a smart phone, get internet to the smart phone.

Liverpool are still doing plastic cards as an option for £5 more, cheaper than buying a new phone and keeping it charged up.

The cancer risk of smart phones isn't known yet, but there are male fertility problems. Also when you are out and about and don't want to be contacted, like at the football, why would you want to take a phone to the game?

Re-my last about passing on my ticket when not around. A solution could be a cheap smart phone to just have my ticket on and pass that on? A pain in the arse but a solution if the phone is cheap enough. Anyone got any suggestions? Must be mega cheap but enough to do them single job of having my ticket on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.