Seasoncard - 2021/22

Yes, I'd actually say that over 90% of adults have a smartphone, but what percentage of users with Smartphones use Google or Apple pay?

And still stops me passing my ticket on to a mate at no cost for the 1-2 games a year I can't make.
You don’t need to use Apple/Google play, just learn how the wallet app works.

If you think you’ll need to pass your ticket on, I’d buy a cheap phone that you only use as your “ticket” so that you can pass it to whoever you want to use your ticket.

I have a Smartphone but it didn’t work for the Everton game. I am not a believer in using my phone for anything to do with money. I have an iPhone, an iPad and a laptop but anything money wise I only use my laptop. Maybe silly but I hear/read too much about fraud etc and with my laptop, unless I have a burglary, no one can get near it. :-)
So I personally would prefer a season card as in the past. JMOO. :-)

I have a Smartphone but it didn’t work for the Everton game. I am not a believer in using my phone for anything to do with money. I have an iPhone, an iPad and a laptop but anything money wise I only use my laptop. Maybe silly but I hear/read too much about fraud etc and with my laptop, unless I have a burglary, no one can get near it. :-)
An e-ticket doesn’t have anything to do with money. You’ll pay for your season ticket in the same way as you have done.

The smartphone physically replaces the seasoncard we previously had. How they work is the same. They both send out a signal to the turnstyle scanner. (Well, they should do should they work!)

There is an extra cost, buy a smart phone, get internet to the smart phone.

Liverpool are still doing plastic cards as an option for £5 more, cheaper than buying a new phone and keeping it charged up.

The cancer risk of smart phones isn't known yet, but there are male fertility problems. Also when you are out and about and don't want to be contacted, like at the football, why would you want to take a phone to the game?

Cancer risk? What fucking universe are you living in?

You don’t need to use Apple/Google play, just learn how the wallet app works.

If you think you’ll need to pass your ticket on, I’d buy a cheap phone that you only use as your “ticket” so that you can pass it to whoever you want to use your ticket.
So now I need 2 phones just for the odd time I can't make a game?

Alternatively a credit card sized solution that can be transported easily, doesnt need charging, works well and is better for the environment would be great.... Wonder if someone could invent that?

Ps I know how digital wallets work and I also use Google pay, bit I also stand behind people in Starbucks taking 3-4 times as long to pay for an item using pay systems than those using a debit card. Scale that up on a matchday and see the chaos !

An e-ticket doesn’t have anything to do with money. You’ll pay for your season ticket in the same way as you have done.

The smartphone physically replaces the seasoncard we previously had. How they work is the same. They both send out a signal to the turnstyle scanner. (Well, they should do should they work!)
It will act like a digital key does on your phone in an hotel. I presume they will run it via the city app?

You do realise that just because the e-ticket system wasn’t perfect at the Everton game, it doesn’t mean that it’ll be shit *forever* right?

A trial is exactly that. They’ll figure out what didn’t work properly and fix it.

Fucking hell…some proper luddites on here.

Mobile wallets are great, it’s a convenient way to keep everything in one place without having to bring 10 different cards and bits of paper around. I don’t even take my wallet out with me anywhere these days.

It's not because I have to take my phone with me whether I want to or not. Now that might be okay in cold weather where I can pop it into a coat pocket. In fairness that is 95% of the time. What happens on the rare hot day though? Early and end of the season? You then have to carry it in your hand all the time risking losing/dropping it or having it stolen. How hard is it to send out a seasoncard? The mobile bollocks can be used for other ticket sales

Apple Pay / Google Pay is more secure than typing in credit card details on your laptop by orders of magnitude.

Also, the system they’re proposing has nothing to do with payments, it’ll in all likelihood be a barcode you scan in that contains little more than your supporter number. Much like a mobile train ticket is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.