Seasoncard - 2021/22

Print at home tickets: what could possibly go wrong?

Er....the system having to mail out thousands before every home game might be the main stumbling block. After the recent fiasco it isn't much of a stretch to imagine lots of people stressing as their mail hasn't arrived and then struggling to get through to supporter services for hours.

I predict carnage when at full capacity again. People struggling to unlock their phones, find the right app, get the scanner to recognise etc etc. All the while with queues of disgruntled blues stood behind.

Accessing via card takes seconds whereas accessing by phone will lead to delays for everyone getting in.

Hope I'm wrong, but I know I'm right.....
It's probably the right season to try it out then if, as it seems to me, we will be starting out with some sort of reduced attendances. I wasn't lucky enough to get Everton tickets so don't know how the system worked, but I thought it was NFC rather than image scanning that granted access, so you just wave the phone at the sensor as with contactless payments. The thing I'm not sure about is do you need to find the app to make it work for tickets? With contactless payments you just need the phone unlocked for the payment to go through.

It's probably the right season to try it out then if, as it seems to me, we will be starting out with some sort of reduced attendances. I wasn't lucky enough to get Everton tickets so don't know how the system worked, but I thought it was NFC rather than image scanning that granted access, so you just wave the phone at the sensor as with contactless payments. The thing I'm not sure about is do you need to find the app to make it work for tickets? With contactless payments you just need the phone unlocked for the payment to go through.
yeah its nfc, got mine through google pay, theres apple pay for iphone users and it was an electronic ticket with a barcode in case the scan didnt work, i got checked twice, once on entry to the campus and again at the turnstile

Don't think capacity will be reduced, if we are having 75% at Wembly next week, by middle of August if everyone vaccinated most twice the only place to go is 100%.

Don't think capacity will be reduced, if we are having 75% at Wembly next week, by middle of August if everyone vaccinated most twice the only place to go is 100%.
We might start at 100% if the cases that are rising now have peaked and have dropped somewhat but I would say we have a way to go yet. I don't want to scare anyone - or derail the thread - but we don't yet know the impact of reducing levels of protection within the elderly and vulnerable (jabbed Jan/Feb) and as we enter the colder months we won't want high infection levels as we get to peak cold/flu season (Dec-Feb). It'll be a cautious season I'm afraid.

yeah its nfc, got mine through google pay, theres apple pay for iphone users and it was an electronic ticket with a barcode in case the scan didnt work, i got checked twice, once on entry to the campus and again at the turnstile
Thanks.

I've read though that you still have to find the app (GPay) to get to the passes/tickets section and select it before presenting the phone, so there will be delays there (based on my efforts at finding stuff on my phone!).

It's probably the right season to try it out then if, as it seems to me, we will be starting out with some sort of reduced attendances.
I think you're absolutely right on that point.

I can't imagine our ultra cautious government leaping straight to 100% attendances around the country. I suspect they'll limit to 50% for the first couple of months or so. Perhaps until the new year.

I predict carnage when at full capacity again. People struggling to unlock their phones, find the right app, get the scanner to recognise etc etc. All the while with queues of disgruntled blues stood behind.

Accessing via card takes seconds whereas accessing by phone will lead to delays for everyone getting in.

Hope I'm wrong, but I know I'm right.....
It’d be fine at most grounds but the doddery old bastards who go to city, and I proudly count myself as one of those, will ensure it’s a complete disaster……

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.