Seasoncard Amnesty

The default position is that that are allowing points to be transferred from one supporter to another ?? Your shitting me
'You're'. And there should be a question mark after me.

If you've been using another person's ticket for years and intend to take that ticket over permanently then what's the big problem? What if the person who's ticket you've been using has died or just doesn't go any more. Maybe, like my son, they've moved abroad. Or are too old or just infirm.

I've already said I appreciate it could be a problem for some and I'm hoping the club would have a way of dealing with it but we don't know yet, until the club makes its announcement.

The amnesty bit is fair enough so that people can get the correct names attached to it but transferring points over would be a shocking decision. Why should the newly named person get potentially decades worth of points given to them?

I couldn't care less about my own points so I don't have a vested interest in this but it strikes me as a huge mistake that would piss a lot of supporters off.
Why? If the 2 parties are happy or the transferring party isn't intending to go again then what's the problem? And why is it a problem to anyone who isn't intending to take advantage.

just spotted your post after logging out

you're on ignore for me ,do the same with me,cheers

dont call people "stupid,gobshites " etc
I've got no one on Ignore.

So you don't want to talk sensibly? Fine. I've asked you a question twice that you won't answer. I think I can safely conclude you're just being either a bit thick or deliberately being a dickhead.

Dear Mr @Prestwich_Blue

Whilst you are at it.... my Aunt recently died at the age of 104 and has left me several million pounds in her will in the form of “war bonds”. I wondered if you could direct me in how best I could dispose of the said bonds and invest them wisely and prudently.

Thanking you for your free consultancy and advice on the said forum.

There’s a good chap...

Brigadier Norman Montgomery Carter (Retired)
Lancashire Fusiliers

Why? If the 2 parties are happy or the transferring party isn't intending to go again then what's the problem? And why is it a problem to anyone who isn't intending to take advantage.

So a SC loaded with mega points gets transferred over to a new, much younger recipient who then is right at the front of the queue even if they have never been to a game / been to a relative handful?

It's all about opinions I suppose but I struggle to see how that is equitable.

Dear Mr @Prestwich_Blue

Whilst you are at it.... my Aunt recently died at the age of 104 and has left me several million pounds in her will in the form of “war bonds”. I wondered if you could direct me in how best I could dispose of the said bonds and invest them wisely and prudently.

Thanking you for your free consultancy and advice on the said forum.

There’s a good chap...

Brigadier Norman Montgomery Carter (Retired)
Lancashire Fusiliers
Dear Mr NMC,

The answer is simple. Give them to me and I can retire, give up City Matters and go to live on a desert island where I don't have to spend time dealing with the handful of idiots who are hard of thinking.

The default position is that that are allowing points to be transferred from one supporter to another ?? Your shitting me
Going back years Pre 2005 nobody could have predicted where we are now, so your Son or Daughter that have season tickets decide because they are going to University or having a family they won't be going anymore so your missus takes it over and after 15 years of going home and away because for some reason the club wouldnt let you do it at the time, you should loose your points?

So a SC loaded with mega points gets transferred over to a new, much younger recipient who then is right at the front of the queue even if they have never been to a game / been to a relative handful?

It's all about opinions I suppose but I struggle to see how that is equitable.
Fair point. But that ticket would be at the front of the queue anyway wouldn't it? And you should be blaming the club for allowing lifetime accumulation of points on tickets when no other major club does. That's been at the heart of the majority of issues we've had over away tickets and the like.

And there's also no way of knowing whether someone has been using a ticket for 10 years or more and has built up those points through their own attendance or whether they've only used it for a season.

There's 3 ways you could do it that we discussed
  1. Only transfer over the 1000 points you get when you take out a season ticket
  2. Transfer all the points over
  3. Let the two parties say how they want the points split.
There's pros and cons with all of these.

Going back years Pre 2005 nobody could have predicted where we are now, so your Son or Daughter that have season tickets decide because they are going to University or having a family they won't be going anymore so your missus takes it over and after 15 years of going home and away because for some reason the club wouldnt let you do it at the time, you should loose your points?

no you change the ticket at the time like normal people do ..

and how many people did that seriously ? mrs taking the card

the card passed around for seasons after season amongt friends familly etc,
I'm sure the club made it clear
the person using the card on entrance had to be the same person on the card.

its hard and tough i know,and all those effected by it aren't as bad as all the people getting 3 away tickets via corporate cos their mate or daddy or someone they know can get 3 tickets for all aways,lets not start on supporters clubs !

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.