Seasoncard Amnesty

I think the proposed amnesty will be the least of the clubs issues to resolve this summer. Eventually they will have to decide which of the 44k season ticket holders will be allowed to attend next season, when the significantly reduced capacities kick in.

All 3 of my cats are microchipped on the back of their neck and our cat flap “reads” the chip to “bleep” and then open up and that way no other cat can get in as it remains locked. We should all just get microchipped and then City could pay a few quid to change the turnstiles to huge cat flaps - sorted then going forward. Easy

I'm 6 foot 3 Inches with a bad back. Try to get through a cat flap? ME HOW!

I think the proposed amnesty will be the least of the clubs issues to resolve this summer. Eventually they will have to decide which of the 44k season ticket holders will be allowed to attend next season, when the significantly reduced capacities kick in.
Everything around the logistics of this is a complete nightmare. I'm sure the clubs would rather not bother.

Haven’t read all the posts and it might have been said before, but if you get a paper ticket this season, it asks you to bring photo ID but no one ever checks

So City should say "Oh yeah. Track-and-trace is shit so we won't bother with the official government advice and that of the SGSA. We'll let anyone in and sod the consequences"? Think about what you're saying before spouting a load of crap.

Personally I'd prefer they weren't opening grounds at all for the coming season but if they're being allowed to do so then they have to do things properly.

Genuine question:

Why is it City's job to Police who is attending the game from a Covid perspective?
If I go to the pub I have to leave my name and a contact number - that's all.
This does smack of stopping people sharing a season card.

Doubtless there are some who properly abuse the system and seek to make money from it but far, far, more who simply use the ability to gift their ticket to a family member or friend when they can't make a match.

Everything around the logistics of this is a complete nightmare. I'm sure the clubs would rather not bother.

Indeed. It is going to be a thankless task for all those involved.

I think when, in all likelihood, fans are getting an arrival slot of 11am, for a 3pm kick off, and fans are having to move seats to allow social distancing around stairs and the ballot excludes friends etc it will create a lot of ill-feeling.

Last edited:
Genuine question:

Why is it City's job to Police who is attending the game from a Covid perspective?
If I go to the pub I have to leave my name and a contact number - that's all.
This does smack of stopping people sharing a season card.

Doubtless there are some who properly abuse the system and seek to make money from it but far, far, more who simply use the ability to gift their ticket to a family member or friend when they can't make a match.
Because it's a lot more people I'd guess. You might get 50-100 people turning up to a pub over a period of time so it's not the most difficult task to get them to leave a number but you wouldn't want 13,000 people turning up at the gate at quarter to three who we have to collect contact details from. I think we can agree that tickets will be scarce and people should use them if they're lucky enough to get them. I don't particularly have a problem with people passing them on, as that's better than the ticket not being used. But people will have to accept they'll have to provide their contact details in advance of arriving at the ground.

The price of getting people in stadiums is that the government, PL and SGSA will insist that clubs know exactly who's in the stadium and how to contact them if required. If they can't then it's quite possible it'll mean no fans at all are admitted.

I don't live in the UK and the few games I miss I give my card to the lad that sits next to me and he brings his Dad. Take it that is the end of that then

@Prestwich_Blue
With everything up in the air at present are City matters actively pushing for some sort of s/c retention scheme for season 21 22 when things may have gone back to some sort of normality?
Ie renew now for 21 22?
Has it been discussed about asking people who's even interested in attending next season?
Would be far easier for City logistically if they had to deal with say 25k s/c holders than try and keep 45k happy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.