Seasoncard Amnesty

@Prestwich_Blue
With everything up in the air at present are City matters actively pushing for some sort of s/c retention scheme for season 21 22 when things may have gone back to some sort of normality?
Ie renew now for 21 22?
Has it been discussed about asking people who's even interested in attending next season?
Would be far easier for City logistically if they had to deal with say 25k s/c holders than try and keep 45k happy?
We'll know more later, when there's an official communication then we meet the club this evening but I'm hoping that there will be no renewal for 2020/21 (i.e. existing cards will still be valid). Also expecting them to say that you will have to confirm that you want to opt-in in order to be considered for tickets next season, but there might be other chances to do that later in the season. That was discussed at our previous meeting and, as you rightly say, would make things a bit simpler.

In our family and house we have three season cards that we use between four and occasionally five of us. I can't see how this would work for us. So that may be it for us sadly.

Genuine question:

Why is it City's job to Police who is attending the game from a Covid perspective?
If I go to the pub I have to leave my name and a contact number - that's all.
This does smack of stopping people sharing a season card.

Doubtless there are some who properly abuse the system and seek to make money from it but far, far, more who simply use the ability to gift their ticket to a family member or friend when they can't make a match.
I agree, you don't need photo I'd to go to a pub. This does smack of City just making more money and ruining a little perk that families like us had of sharing season cards between us.

Your health > Everything else. Provide ID if that’s what’s required.

That’s how I look at it too.

Also, City have looked after us throughout the pandemic so I am sure they will try to act in our best interests. We are also lucky that the City Matters reps are continuing to try to help fans despite the disruption we are all facing from the pandemic IMHO.

Just a random thought. City know who the ST is registered to so if someone else uses it and City need to contact them, for track and trace whatever, then they contact the holder who tells them who was using the card on that occasion? Then the ‘tracker’ person gets in touch with the user. No need for any angst about well I share mine with x or y surely? Or is that too simplistic?

After all it’s not going to be everyone who is not using their own card. Maybe a couple of dozen or so?
It won’t be me as I only loan mine if I am on holiday and I always inform the club when that happens! (Goody Two Shoes, that’s me!) :-) ;-)

We'll know more later, when there's an official communication then we meet the club this evening but I'm hoping that there will be no renewal for 2020/21 (i.e. existing cards will still be valid). Also expecting them to say that you will have to confirm that you want to opt-in in order to be considered for tickets next season, but there might be other chances to do that later in the season. That was discussed at our previous meeting and, as you rightly say, would make things a bit simpler.
Thanks that seems positive news, as we are not likely to use are own seats next season, be with our mates etc,
Would a flat price across all seats, first come first served, city fill the stadium up in a social distancing way be a way forward. Excluding medical exceptions?

Thanks that seems positive news, as we are not likely to use are own seats next season, be with our mates etc,
Would a flat price across all seats, first come first served, city fill the stadium up in a social distancing way be a way forward. Excluding medical exceptions?
A flat price seems the most sensible approach if, as seems likely, seats will be randomly assigned. Some will be happy and some won't, as ever. My view has always been that we piss about with pricing far too much anyway.

I think the proposed amnesty will be the least of the clubs issues to resolve this summer. Eventually they will have to decide which of the 44k season ticket holders will be allowed to attend next season, when the significantly reduced capacities kick in.
Good point frank, it will be interesting to see what the system will be if a reduced capacity is introduced. This forum will be fun if though, judging by the away tickets scenario that's flared up regularly on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.