Seasoncard Prices - 2021/22

I think football has a major challenge on its hands - despite an inevitable enthusiasm by supporters to return to stadiums - I'm really not sure football can or should expect full stadiums going forward. I very much doubt the TV companies will want to reduce the number of games they show and having broken the habit of attending games and having learned to spend money elsewhere for a couple of years - an awful lot of people will have broken habits - which they may not necessarily return to - that includes attending sports events, going to the gym, going to the pub etc. It may even be that we do things but we do them less often. The world will be changed by this pandemic and we would all be foolish to assume that we will all return to our own ways. The authorities and clubs have long taken football fans for granted - late kick offs on the south coast etc... As many have said - revenue from supporters (non corporate) is really not that important to clubs and reducing prices to fill stadiums might entice people back and give the TV companies the product they want - lets face it football being played in empty stadiums is crap. Seriously if I was City I'd drop prices by 20 per cent for existing season ticket holders.

I think they also need to drop match ticket prices even more, season ticket holders already get a considerable discount, but individual match ticket prices are terrible for many games.
True, if you only wanted to attend say nine or 10 games a season it would probably make more sense to buy a seasoncard. Individual matchday tickets are ludicrously expensive in comparison

I've heard the scum are giving there fans a chance for a year break but if someone else takes there ticket they can't have there own seat back.

The club is a business and just like UK holidays going up in price I think sporting events will follow. They will want to claw back some of the losses for 2020/21 season somehow

Football needs to be very careful what they do next. The immediate thought will be to claw back as much lost revenue as possible, capitalise on the early demand that they'll inevitably be by charging stupid prices and just finding ways to penny pinch fans but even the most hardcore of match goers have now had a year with no football, long standing habits are broken.

with an initial reduced capacity atmospheres aren't going to be anywhere near what they were before and that could be what decides it for a lot of fans debating whether it's worth it anymore who now can live without live football and maybe can't afford it when they once could.

If football don't act on their "footballs nothing without fans" mentality they've had during this pandemic and actually look after the match going fans we could see a mass exodus and I'm talking across the board not specifically City.

Crucially prices need a drastic reduction for at least the first season back, I'm talking early cup games prices for every single game, they have to look at it like every penny through the gates is extra revenue rather than aiming to try and get back to pre-pandemic income. After that, TV companies need to work with clubs on their scheduling, stop screwing over fans especially away fans later down the road when they come back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.