Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

I have to say that, personally, I don't have a beef with the price rise.
To me its the whole experience as a customer. It was so good and improving year on year but for some reason the last year has gone to shit.

I'm kind of glad to hear that SF because if it is just this last year it can be addressed. I think this year has been a big one for the club & they have tried to juggle too many balls

- at last getting Pep
- trying to deal with ageing squad whilst bedding in new manager
- getting tunnel club underway (&the need to sort out knock on effect of relocations etc). It's been criticised by some but look at the publicity Spurs are getting for theirs. So I think the scheme is well intentioned with a view to enhancing the whole perception of the club.

- decision on north stand expansion

They are trying to improve the experience of the fans. Me - I don't care about food, drink or half time entertainment. I just love the footie & love the anticipation of next season with Pep as manager. I hope to be able to sit with same ST holders I've sat with since the Kippax days.

Been feeling like that for two or three seasons now, I thought moving from 307 to 115 would help, but it hasn't.
Getting treated like fkn cattle is disgusting.

We are only a number to them now, just a walking £ sign, they do not give a fuck about us unless you go in the club shop every visit, spending stupid amounts of money.

I am still deciding if to renew or not. Might take a year out and see how I feel but I think I already know that if I leave, there is no going back to being a season ticket holder, I can already get all the tickets I want, so I won't be missing out and I won't feel the need to try and keep up.

I never realised you felt like that Bill. I have been thinking about whether to renew or not for a while and all the arguments for continuing to renew is meeting up with friends, excuse to see family and nostalgic reasons because it's something I have always done rather than actually about enjoying the match day experience.

It's even stranger because I have really enjoyed some of the football this year but yet still feel disconnected from the club.

If city are attempting to match utds revenue streams at the gate then it is only going to end in tears, we simply don't have anywhere near their fan base, our fans are by and large regulars, the same people who turn up for all competitions, that's why in the cups lots of fans have to pick and choose, there isn't thousands waiting in the wings and probably won't ever be, Liverpool, Utd, arsenal and Chelsea have cornered the fairweather market. The club should be nurturing it's core support not alienating it, while finding ways of attracting all the kids of Manchester to the etihad. We have a brilliant unique football club, those making the decisions are in danger of changing the clubs identity forever, and not for the better

True. Hopefully the CFA & women's footie are helping in this respect.

Utd still insist on linking FA & European games with STs - purchase is compulsory- at least ours are voluntary

True. Hopefully the CFA & women's footie are helping in this respect.

Utd still insist on linking FA & European games with STs - purchase is compulsory- at least ours are voluntary

I think even our policy makers are not that stupid because that really would be the final nail in the coffin for many.

I'm kind of glad to hear that SF because if it is just this last year it can be addressed. I think this year has been a big one for the club & they have tried to juggle too many balls

- at last getting Pep
- trying to deal with ageing squad whilst bedding in new manager
- getting tunnel club underway (&the need to sort out knock on effect of relocations etc). It's been criticised by some but look at the publicity Spurs are getting for theirs. So I think the scheme is well intentioned with a view to enhancing the whole perception of the club.

- decision on north stand expansion

They are trying to improve the experience of the fans. Me - I don't care about food, drink or half time entertainment. I just love the footie & love the anticipation of next season with Pep as manager. I hope to be able to sit with same ST holders I've sat with since the Kippax days.

Sorry mate, and you are entitled to your opinion I cannot believe you think they scheme is well intentioned and not just another money making scheme to the detriment of your average joe who has sat in those seats for many a year. Whether it be the decent seats in the 2nd tier, seats over the players entrance the club are making the best areas of the ground the preserve of the rich.

I can remember as a kid circa 1984-1987 my dad taking me in H? Of the Main Stand and me hanging over the tunnel when the players came out. For a kid that meant everything. Hope it will not be an option in the future for future generations.

Last edited:
Is there actually any point in Platinum any more? I've stuck with it since it was introduced, partly because it used to be the only way you could access the ticket exchange scheme when it was Viagogo. But even though I've had a seasoncard since the move to the Etihad and used to be able to get tickets to all the London aways without any problem, I now can't for any of them. And because I don't go to other away games my points will never catch up with what's required even with the double platinum allocation. Just a waste of £50, so I'll give it up now and I imagine thousands of others might well do the same, which will wipe out any increased profit from the price rises.
100% agree. I too used to get to a number of lesser supported away games but quickly realised with each passing season I was not in the running so ditched platinum. It was pointless.the only way I could get to any games then was expensive euro aways most likely buying off so called point whores.i rarely buy food/ drinks as well overpriced.shop purchases are reducing year on year.i thought it would have been our last year in family stand but seem to have been reprieved although not sure why as youngest in our group is now 16 unless it's another city blooper.south stand or high up in the gods will be next step due to cost and the may have to seriously reconsider over coming seasons if rises continue.iwork for nhs so have had below cost of living pay rises since moving to Etihad. In regards to experience I have found most games quite exciting taken in isolation but think over expectations of pep and current team has not helped many decide to stay another year.also most of the entertainment is cheesy tat and atmosphere lacking in comparison to crowd sizes unless it is one of the few needle matches.

The club certainly do lie if it meets their business needs.
We have been affected by the tunnel. C'est la vie, but we were offered 2 tickets in 93:20 as compensation for two years so we had two years secure. Got a call last week to be told we weren't getting them and we had to look elsewhere.
Its in print in the original letter that we would get them, now they've reneged on them.
Liars and profiteers.

Bloody hell that is diabolical!! Do they not have a legal obligation to follow through what they promised in print? I know we hate the media but as the club pull stunts like this and refuse to talk to the fans I am all for them being exposed for shit like this the wankers!

The people running the club have definitely changed course in the last 12 months, it's a high level decision & many are starting to feel like customers not fans

I'll let you know what Danny says!!

You'll either not get a reply, or a token one from his PA. The man who did so much for the fans, personally, has got caught up in the club's new direction as well.

A real shame.

You'll either not get a reply, or a token one from his PA. The man who did so much for the fans, personally, has got caught up in the club's new direction as well.

A real shame.

Can't agree with this. Danny has always taken the trouble to return my calls and emails. I'll let you know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.