Seat Counters - 2022/23

Having a ticket exchange for cup games would make no sense.

If we get to the final you get first dibs if you’re on the cup scheme.

If there was a ticket exchange you could go on the cup scheme and sell every home cup ticket on there and then get first dibs for the final having not showed up to a single match.

Of course, you can always sell them on unofficially but it would make no sense from a City perspective to allow it to happen on their watch.
The ticket transfer scheme is official and you can still get priority for final tickets without having been to a game.

If there was a ticket exchange you could go on the cup scheme and sell every home cup ticket on there and then get first dibs for the final having not showed up to a single match.

Of course, you can always sell them on unofficially but it would make no sense from a City perspective to allow it to happen on their watch.
Which is why when it comes to final tickets I would give first priority to the people who actually attended all the home games in said competition, simply signing up to the scheme and not going shouldn’t get you first dibs on final tickets.

You'd have noticed if you had been there, surely
Ffs, I noticed at the start of the match but never gave it a thought until commenting on this thread.
Hard to tell towards the end of a game cos of the early leavers!

I often wonder whether it's due to them giving away so many points for joining these cup schemes. Imo the cup scheme should be there for convenience, and we shouldn't be using points to bribe people into joining the scheme. Thus you end up with a situation like this where loads join the scheme for the points, but are not actually arsed about going to the games unless it suits them
Think it's more to do with priority for semi and final tickets tbh.
For me personally £25 is a lot to pay for a ticket I wouldn't use.

Loads of people don't stand where their seat is. I know a guy who has never even been to the seat he's actually paid for.
I know that happens in the lower tier and the stadium design allowsit, you can stand at the back and watch.
I find it odd to have a cracking seat in Level 2 unoccupied but paid for.

Easily remided that, tickets resold on the exchange remove entitlement.
Could mean an empty seat I suppose but paid for.

Well in my defence I assumed your point was the bit you said was important.
I've never been one to call us out over this issue as there are many factors involved which other fans don't understand or want to understand

Big spacious ground, 1 empty stands out a mile unlike ot and Klanfield, sardine central.
Decent facilities compared to the 2 above so an extra drink is taken.
Proper City fans tradition of drinking so arriving late compared to a tourist that gets in early and doesn't move.

Shared S/T's amongst Families and friends living in Bristol or Scandinavian for example, the ticket never goes unused as there are so many out of town plebs taking turns to use it.
I never knew this was a thing until chatting with my Bro in law years ago and he and his mates "shared" a Rag S/T, couldn't believe it myself, took the piss.

My only little gripe is when wanting to buy an extra as a S/T holder and you can't only to find an unoccupied seat close by.

Last edited:
The whole ’Empty Seats’ stuff bugs me so I’ve been doing some analysis comparing attendances at PL clubs recently. I’ve just published this article which includes some stats that City fans may want to remember, especially when being challenged by Villa, Everton or LFC fans.

There will be more on this in the coming weeks.

The whole ’Empty Seats’ stuff bugs me so I’ve been doing some analysis comparing attendances at PL clubs recently. I’ve just published this article which includes some stats that City fans may want to remember, especially when being challenged by Villa, Everton or LFC fans.

There will be more on this in the coming weeks.

Not sure if I’m misunderstanding this but I don’t see the correlation between highest attendance/ average attendance and ‘empty seats’?

If your average was 10,000 and your highest 10,100, that might prove you’ve got a hardcore of unfickle fans who turn up come what may. But if your ground held 80,000 they’d still be a lot of empty seats every week.

Not sure if I’m misunderstanding this but I don’t see the correlation between highest attendance/ average attendance and ‘empty seats’?

If your average was 10,000 and your highest 10,100, that might prove you’ve got a hardcore of unfickle fans who turn up come what may. But if your ground held 80,000 they’d still be a lot of empty seats every week.
True but in the modern era most PL clubs claim sell outs every season but usually that’s below the actual stated capacity so, to avoid fans of club X saying ‘but our capacity wasn’t really xx,xxx it was so much lower’ I’ve gone with a club’s best as the most a club could get. The truth is that there will be a gap for most between highest and capacity due to segregation etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.