Seat Counters - 2022/23

I'm gonna be a C**t and say what I see.

All these games that are sold out, why are there empties dotted around?

Last night the seat in front of us empty and 4 on our row, empty, I'm sure they were sold but we must have the largest number of fans who pay for a ticket and don't turn up!

There were 2 large groups of seats that were empty in the Family Stand last night, but try buying a ticket and you can't as none available.

It baffles me but importantly gives ammunition to the pisstaking none City fans.

There’s quite a lot of seats in the family stand and block 107 for example, which are always ‘sold out’. They are often empty, as they are seats given out by the club or bought as part of ticket packages (schools/ corporate)

I don’t believe that there are so many people buying tickets and not turning up.

I agree on your wider point and it’s very frustrating. The club say sold out and you get there and it’s often the same seats that are empty. Surely it’s better to fill those seats.

You like jrb are missing my point.
I couldn't give a fuck what anyone says about anything and I give as good as I get but when I am unable to buy a ticket to take my lad cos none are available only to see empties in our stand it becomes annoying.

My point is we seem to have a load of fans that buy but don't go, that is fucking weird.
Had a discussion with a bloke earlier today who admitted he is on the FA Cup scheme but couldn't be arsed going last night, don't think he went to round 3 either, complete madness!

Well in my defence I assumed your point was the bit you said was important.

There was the odd gap in 114.

Been shifted from 315 into 114 the last 2 games and both times I've relocated next to my lad a row below where there's been 2 empties next to him once the game kicked off.

Now it could be someone who couldn't make both the Chelsea & Arsenal game but they weren't the only spares in sight.
Loads of people don't stand where their seat is. I know a guy who has never even been to the seat he's actually paid for.

It doesn’t help that the ticket exchange scheme doesn’t apply to cup games so people who have a ticket but find they can’t go can only use ticket transfer. Sadly my seat was empty for the Chelsea game because of train strikes, Arsenal on a Friday night made it impossible for me as well but did manage to find a home for the ticket this time

It doesn’t help that the ticket exchange scheme doesn’t apply to cup games so people who have a ticket but find they can’t go can only use ticket transfer. Sadly my seat was empty for the Chelsea game because of train strikes, Arsenal on a Friday night made it impossible for me as well but did manage to find a home for the ticket this time
Loads of peole sell on tickets via the unofficial Facebook pages mate. The Haaland affect means there is huge demand for tickets.

I'm gonna be a C**t and say what I see.

All these games that are sold out, why are there empties dotted around?

Last night the seat in front of us empty and 4 on our row, empty, I'm sure they were sold but we must have the largest number of fans who pay for a ticket and don't turn up!

There were 2 large groups of seats that were empty in the Family Stand last night, but try buying a ticket and you can't as none available.

It baffles me but importantly gives ammunition to the pisstaking none City fans.
i agree about how many empty seats we have when tickets have been sold - but, i think we only declare the attendance of tickets sold - rather than actually attend the game.
The fact that those of us who joined the Cup schemes this season cannot use ticket exchange this season is one reason why people buy but then when kick off time is scheduled for Friday night or late Sunday, it makes anyone travelling any distance finding it difficult to get to or get home afterwards, but they cannot sell their ticket back to the club like we can for PL Games.
The second almost goes against the "why don't we charge less for Cup tickets" argument. If you only pay £25 for a ticket and it costs you more than £25 in travel cost to get to the game - some people choose to stay at home and watch on TV.
When kick off times are only confirmed 2 weeks before the game - there are no cheaper travel options available - so i think that's why there are so many empties for tickets paid for.
Bring back ticket Exchange for cup games.

Last edited:
i agree about how many empty seats we have when tickets have been sold - but, i think we only declare the attendance of tickets sold - rather than actually attend the game.
The fact that those of us who joined the Cup schemes this season cannot use ticket exchange this season is one reason why people buy but then when kick off time is scheduled for Friday night or late Sunday, it makes anyone travelling any distance finding it difficult to get to or get home afterwards, but they cannot sell their tenet back to the club like we can for PL Games.
The second almost goes against the "why don't we charge less for Cup tickets" argument. If you only pay £25 for a ticket and it costs you more than £25 in travel cost to get to the game - some people choose to stay at home and watch on TV.
When kick off times are only confirmed 2 weeks before the game - there are no cheaper travel options available - so i think that's why there are so many empties for tickets paid for.
Ticket exchange has never been available for cup games.

The fact that those of us who joined the Cup schemes this season cannot use ticket exchange this season is one reason why people buy but then when kick off time is scheduled for Friday night or late Sunday, it makes anyone travelling any distance finding it difficult to get to or get home afterwards, but they cannot sell their tenet back to the club like we can for PL Games.
It’s easy to resell Cup tickets with a bit of effort. Especially when we have been drawing other premier league giants.

Having a ticket exchange for cup games would make no sense.

If we get to the final you get first dibs if you’re on the cup scheme.

If there was a ticket exchange you could go on the cup scheme and sell every home cup ticket on there and then get first dibs for the final having not showed up to a single match.

Of course, you can always sell them on unofficially but it would make no sense from a City perspective to allow it to happen on their watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.