Seat Counters - 2022/23

Just received this message from city
I said it yesterday, they thought they could guarantee refund on the exchange and make a fortune. They’ve overestimated what people are willing to pay and are now panicking.

Greedy bastards, it serves them right.

Reactions: PPT
So for clarity, block 121 which has 800 or so left, where have these come from? Were they held back or returned by FA?
I would assume a bit of both.

What I know is that my friend works for a Premier League club who were in the championship at the time. For one of our cup finals, I think it was Wigan, he had a letter from the FA offering his club tickets for the cup final. I think they might have been allowed up to ten. He had to return the letter saying how many tickets they wanted, and in which club's end. So let's say the FA do that with every member club they might need to hold back, say 10,000 tickets, but they won't know what the takeup actually is and also for which end of the stadium.

this is why when we played Stoke they got an "extra allocation" of 2000 but we didn't get any. Clearly all of the City tickets were taken up by FA members but not all of the Stoke ones. Now I don't know how this plays out for semi finals. Clearly the increased allocations tell you that less tickets are offered in that way but there will probably still be some, and persumably sponsors and Club Wembley members get offered additional tickets in teh same way.

What I know is that my friend works for a Premier League club who were in the championship at the time. For one of our cup finals, I think it was Wigan, he had a letter from the FA offering his club tickets for the cup final. I think they might have been allowed up to ten. He had to return the letter saying how many tickets they wanted, and in which club's end. So let's say the FA do that with every member club they might need to hold back, say 10,000 tickets, but they won't know what the takeup actually is and also for which end of the stadium.

this is why when we played Stoke they got an "extra allocation" of 2000 but we didn't get any. Clearly all of the City tickets were taken up by FA members but not all of the Stoke ones. Now I don't know how this plays out for semi finals. Clearly the increased allocations tell you that less tickets are offered in that way but there will probably still be some, and persumably sponsors and Club Wembley members get offered additional tickets in teh same way.

I believe every club who enters the FA Cup gets two tickets so the likes of Ashton United or Maine Road or Prestwich Heys will all get opportunities to buy two. Some clubs have offered them in sponsorship packages before.

I believe every club who enters the FA Cup gets two tickets so the likes of Ashton United or Maine Road or Prestwich Heys will all get opportunities to buy two. Some clubs have offered them in sponsorship packages before.
That's right. And I think the higher up the pyramid you are the more you can get. Also, these tickets are the ones which often find their way into the hands of touts which is why there were City fans in the Stoke end and Sunderland fans in the City end.

Spot on analysis this. For the Stoke final I sources 2 extra tickets (for my wife and daughter) in our end via another FA through a friend and several back channels; tickets in our end in 2011 were very hard to come by, whereas Stoke had 2k returned. Their fans jumped on this claiming they had more fans at the final - they didnt at all, with tickets in our end being sourced by Blues for Blues so there were never any available to go back to City for resale.

Id all but guarantee the sudden flood of tickets available in the £80 bracket near the halfway line will be returns from other FA's and what is described as the "football family"

That's right. And I think the higher up the pyramid you are the more you can get. Also, these tickets are the ones which often find their way into the hands of touts which is why there were City fans in the Stoke end and Sunderland fans in the City end.
So..not being a expert I'm totally confused so in simple terms how many tickets do we have 34k or 36?and how many do you believe we have sold thus far?

i would hazard a guess at about 29000/29500 , sales seem to have stopped now pretty much, amazed there isnt a real buzz about going down and watching our fantastic team, we seem to have a real apathetic fanbase at times
I think we have a mainly manc fanbase, who are a bit tired of wemberlee plus struggling with credit crunch. If we had planes flying to manc from dublin, belfast, scandinavia for every home game, plus coaches arriving from every town / city outside of manc ---we would easliy sell out. 29 k sold is a great return...this is my 20 + trip in 11 years...the novelty does where off im sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.