Seat Counters - 2022/23

The Dortmund game will get close to selling out, we always sell lots in the 2 or 3 days beforehand. I'd be surprised if we dont get 50k plus assuming Dortmund sell all theres.

At the end of the day I hope it does. And you maybe right. It has happened before.

Last edited:
You'd have more chance of a walkout if City stopped selling beer or went back to Heineken p*ss next season. ;-)

With City as Champions, Haaland scoring, season tickets sold out, a small percentage of City fans getting cheap season tickets, and tourists and day trippers paying those kind of ticket prices for PL matches, there's no chance of a protest.

I think the worsening economy situation, intrest rate rises, inflation rises, fuel price fluctuations, food price rises, and the general increase in the cost of living will have more of an impact on ticket sales, and may ultimately force the club to look at and have a rethink about ticket prices over the coming months and years. Dortmund in the CL being a prime example coming straight after Spurs at home. There are 1000's of seats still left. I think the club thought the Haaland v Dortmund reunion and pull would attract City fans and shift tickets, but it's not happening. At best it's a slow burner atm.

View attachment 55115

Yeah, I'm not expecting a protest but I'm just wondering whether people are actively communicating the discontent among supporters with the matchday league prices. Perhaps they're unaware?!!
I think JazzyBlue hit the nail on the head a bit ago with keeping matchday ticket numbers low and having a high number of season ticket holders means they can essentially charge what they want as they are only mugging off a small percentage of those in attendance.

The Champion's League is a strange one. I think attendances/demand would be far superior if it was straight knockout from the off (as it should be in my opinion). We all know that won't happen though as there's too much money involved and if anything the groups will become bigger. I think most believe we will progress from the group at a canter and some teams in the competition are purely there to make up the numbers. I held off buying Lisbon tickets last season in the last 16 as I thought the home game could well be a dead rubber. We won 5-0 away and I was proved right.

Reactions: jrb
It’s a joke mate.

We have a local fanbase that would easily fill a 65,000 stadium and they’ve never realised or understood this.

It’s the only thing I think our boardroom are clueless about.

I, we , some of us used to compalin about £65 match ticket prices. Now we're complaining about £85 match ticket prices. How much further City can push our fanbase and ticket prices remains to be seen.

Yeah, I'm not expecting a protest but I'm just wondering whether people are actively communicating the discontent among supporters with the matchday league prices. Perhaps they're unaware?!!
I think JazzyBlue hit the nail on the head a bit ago with keeping matchday ticket numbers low and having a high number of season ticket holders means they can essentially charge what they want as they are only mugging off a small percentage of those in attendance.

The Champion's League is a strange one. I think attendances/demand would be far superior if it was straight knockout from the off (as it should be in my opinion). We all know that won't happen though as there's too much money involved and if anything the groups will become bigger. I think most believe we will progress from the group at a canter and some teams in the competition are purely there to make up the numbers. I held off buying Lisbon tickets last season in the last 16 as I thought the home game could well be a dead rubber. We won 5-0 away and I was proved right.

Copenhagen at home is £22-£47.

The club should price all CL group stage games at the same price just to get the fans in to fill the stadium, regardless of the opposition, which is normally not very exciting. Once the knockout stage begins, and the oppostion improves, be it a British or European team, that's when ticket prices should be higher dependent on the opposition.

I, we , some of us used to compalin about £65 match ticket prices. Now we're complaining about £85 match ticket prices. How much further City can push our fanbase and ticket prices remains to be seen.
Cost of living crisis and record ticket prices.

They do a lot right but fuck me their pricing is shocking sometimes

It’s a joke mate.

We have a local fanbase that would easily fill a 65,000 stadium and they’ve never realised or understood this.

It’s the only thing I think our boardroom are clueless about.
Problem is both games will sell out, a lot of blocks have sold out vs Dortmund and it’s just ticket exchange tickets that are being snapped up Spurs… and there’s less than 50 right now.

They should expand the stadium and drastically drop prices.

£75 as the cheapest tickets is disgusting.

Cost of living crisis and record ticket prices.

They do a lot right but fuck me their pricing is shocking sometimes

Ticket prices aside, schools are now back as well, so some parents and their kids who might have come to the midweek CL match won't be coming. There's 1090 seats left in the Family stand over both levels.

On the plus side Dortmund will bring 3000 away fans, and no dount hundreds will be scattered about in the City ends.

Last edited:
Just did a quick count - 6167 left. I'd be amazed if we don't hit 50K+, and slightly surprised if we dont sell out.
Dortmund tickets have not even been open sale. They might have today but they weren’t yesterday because I had to fuck about to get an extra ticket for a non-member. Loads of “neutrals” or daybtripper fans usually come to these type of games so they really should be available to anyone.

Just did a quick count - 6167 left. I'd be amazed if we don't hit 50K+, and slightly surprised if we dont sell out.

A good win against Spurs might tempt City fans who otherwise weren'tplanning to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.