Seat Counters - 2022/23

Price of success. Supporting an average to shit club that couldn't fill its stadium began to end in 2008. The Champions League win completed the journey. Personally I prefer what we are now to what we've ever been since I started going to the match in 1973. Our owners made a huge investment and its payback time for them now. I don’t begrudge them a thing.
We could fill our stadium before 2008 though. We had a higher average attendance than Liverpool in four of the five years before the takeover. Despite all this success we are only averaging 8 thousand more now in an expanded stadium.

It was once said on here that around 10,000 season ticket holders from back then have fallen away (mainly through price increases). If we’d kept prices low we’d never have a tourist be able to get in our ground as we’d have kept many of those fans that have been priced out.

As a 60 yr old I'm still happy staying up and never going to Lincoln again in a league match. Pleased to see kids, families , multiple ethnicities enjoying this part of the journey. When Pep leaves it may change a bit but his legacy now includes sold out games v gobshite gunners 10 mins from their home, happy days.
Well said. Some of the negativity about our club on here is amazing. Ticket for the CS (£25); shared fuel in the car (£25) shared room in a Travellodge (£21). The CS will be one of the cheapest away trips this season. I have no problem with those who chose not to go but I am fed up with all the moaning. No one is forcing anyone to watch City, the best team in the world.

The atmosphere at the Madrid game was fantastic. Probably the best of the season. It was one of our best ever performances. If this is the new reality then I am happy to accept it.
Those are all good points Bob, but the issue with the Madrid game was that anyone could buy a ticket providing they also bought a membership. This created huge demand which left people like myself who had attended all the group games unable to get a ticket as someone who had never attended a game beat me to it.

Last edited:
The atmosphere at the Madrid game was fantastic. Probably the best of the season. It was one of our best ever performances. If this is the new reality then I am happy to accept it.
There were people wandering around the stadium that night who didn’t know what was going on, loads were not celebrating our goals and were just standing there watching on as the players and proper fans were going mental.

The atmosphere from the regulars was fantastic but I just wish the club had done something to allow more proper Blues in that night ahead of the day trippers because it might have ended up an all-time best atmosphere.

Those are all good points Bob,but the issue with the Madrid game was that anyone could buy a ticket providing they also bought a membership. This created huge demand which left people like myself who had attended all the group games unable to get a ticket as someone who had never attended a game beat me to it.
Fair comment. I would never defend our ongoing ticketing shambles. But this is the best time ever to be a City fan and demand for tickets is bigger than ever. I am lucky because I still have a season ticket but have to had to cut down my away trips. We won the treble last year and some people will never be happy. I can still remember the Main Stand moaners when Bell, Lee, and Summerbee were in their pomp. As a youngster they did my head in.

Last edited:
There were people wandering around the stadium that night who didn’t know what was going on, loads were not celebrating our goals and were just standing there watching on as the players and proper fans were going mental.

The atmosphere from the regulars was fantastic but I just wish the club had done something to allow more proper Blues in that night ahead of the day trippers because it might have ended up an all-time best atmosphere.

The atmosphere at CL games is now better than for League games. I actually think the change in demographic is improving the atmosphere.

The atmosphere at CL games is now better than for League games. I actually think the change in demographic is improving the atmosphere.
It’s not the change in demographic that’s improved the atmosphere, it’s just them being big games against great teams and a run of form that drew excitement amongst everyone about a possible treble.

The CL group stage games are quieter than the PL games against the bottom teams. The atmosphere against Sevilla, Dortmund and Copenhagen last season were terrible yet Forest, Fulham, Palace around the same time for example were excellent.

The atmosphere for the big Prem games are just as good as the CL KO games. Arsenal at home was the best of the lot last season, and no chunks of 50 people in blocks standing there motionless and emotionless as they were with Rodri’s goal against Bayern and Bernardo’s goals against Madrid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.