Seat Counters - 2022/23

I’ve noticed there are loads of people on the Face Value Facebook pages that are going to the Community Shield. Many of them are diehard Blues who don’t have season cards. They have to work harder to get their tickets for most games.

I agree there will also be Blues going to their first game. Good luck to them and I hope we win the Shield.

Last edited:
But this is the best time ever to be a City fan and demand for tickets is bigger than ever.
Demand is bigger than ever which is why ticket criteria is more important than ever and should be fair which it's not.

Unfortunately, the club don't care whether the criteria is fair or not as long as they are making as much money as possible. Hence why we get situations such as the practically unrestricted Madrid criteria and very little criteria for the league games about go on sale, causing a total free for all.

We could fill our stadium before 2008 though. We had a higher average attendance than Liverpool in four of the five years before the takeover. Despite all this success we are only averaging 8 thousand more now in an expanded stadium.

It was once said on here that around 10,000 season ticket holders from back then have fallen away (mainly through price increases). If we’d kept prices low we’d never have a tourist be able to get in our ground as we’d have kept many of those fans that have been priced out.
We filled it sometimes but it was never difficult to get a ticket

Demand is bigger than ever which is why ticket criteria is more important than ever and should be fair which it's not.

Unfortunately, the club don't care whether the criteria is fair or not as long as they are making as much money as possible. Hence why we get situations such as the practically unrestricted Madrid criteria and very little criteria for the league games about go on sale, causing a total free for all.
City have got a pretty fair ticket selling criteria. It won't suit everybody because demand is outstripping supply. Madrid was a debacle but so far it is a one off.

The club will love this. In the grand scheme of things, for a 53 year old legacy fan like myself this isn't good at all. Gives those in power carre blanche to fart around with prices/kick-off times and everything else knowing there's now an army of fans who've jumped on the glory train.
City aren`t in charge of any kick off times !!

City aren`t in charge of any kick off times !!
Not normally but apparently we had a say in the kick-off time against Newcastle on August 19th. City apparently asked for as late a kick-off as possible due to us playing in the Super Cup 3 days earlier. Understandable but I'm not sure why it couldn't have kicked off at 5.30pm which is only a couple of hours or so difference. That way, Newcastle fans could've got back home on the train whereas an 8pm kick-off means there are no trans back for them afterwards

City have got a pretty fair ticket selling criteria. It won't suit everybody because demand is outstripping supply. Madrid was a debacle but so far it is a one off.
Sorry but I'd argue the criteria for "big 5" games is pretty weak.

There also should have been a stricter criteria set for the remaining fixtures on Thursday. Instead, fans who've been Cityzen members for years are now competing for tickets with tourists who only signed up in May. Thursday is going to be one mad scramble for tickets where loyalty has been completely ignored. The club wouldn't lose out on revenue by implementing criteria, it just makes it fairer on fans.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.