Seat Counters - 2022/23

Some fans pay alot of money to watch City at-home and the club reward them by offering away tickets .
It is a point of discussion rather than just labelling them corporates.
Sorry, let me clarify, I meant the people that have no interest in football but are happy to accept an invite for a free meal and booze. That said why should someone who pays a lot of money to watch us at home be offered away tickets. They aren't the ones traipsing to Brighton for a Monday night game or even going to Leicester for a lunchtime ko. They want tickets for Liverpool and scum away and they might if they can be bothered go to a London match if they can wangle an expensed weekend trip. It's bad enough with Platinum that segregates those that have and those that don't but do offer people tickets on the basis that they are richer than others it just wrong. It's just cost me the best part of £200 for me and my daughter to get to Leicester with tickets and trains and we haven't even eaten or had a drink. That's a lot of money to many including me but that's how I choose to spend it but we both have had to put the yards in over the years to get the points. Is it fair that someone wins the lottery who might be a fan but rarely attends due to circumstances tells City they want to buy four corporate tickets and a guaranteed couple of away tickets for every match.

Sorry, let me clarify, I meant the people that have no interest in football but are happy to accept an invite for a free meal and booze. That said why should someone who pays a lot of money to watch us at home be offered away tickets. They aren't the ones traipsing to Brighton for a Monday night game or even going to Leicester for a lunchtime ko. They want tickets for Liverpool and scum away and they might if they can be bothered go to a London match if they can wangle an expensed weekend trip. It's bad enough with Platinum that segregates those that have and those that don't but do offer people tickets on the basis that they are richer than others it just wrong. It's just cost me the best part of £200 for me and my daughter to get to Leicester with tickets and trains and we haven't even eaten or had a drink. That's a lot of money to many including me but that's how I choose to spend it but we both have had to put the yards in over the years to get the points. Is it fair that someone wins the lottery who might be a fan but rarely attends due to circumstances tells City they want to buy four corporate tickets and a guaranteed couple of away tickets for every match.

I agree entirely that some people , yourself included make massive sacrifices to support City and don't have unlimited resources.
From a different perspective the club do reward those who spend alot of money and also can afford to follow the team home and away. Sometimes they are actually the ones traipsing to Brighton away, because they can afford it.

I do understand your frustration, but no system is perfect.
The points system isn't as I have often procured tickets from high pointers who have sold on their tickets.

To clarify it is frustrating that some with no allegiance to the club get tickets, and some go to Vips for the day.

There are individual tickets dotted around every stand for Southampton.

The club really needs to introduce the 'bump along' system I've mentioned previously.

Every spare seat should be bunched together and the existing ticket holders moved along. That way, you end up with 2 seats TOGETHER rather than two singles. There's a reason the third tier of the away section always sells fast when it's returned!

Still, looks like it's going to be ANOTHER brilliant attendance given there's a rail strike the same day.

I agree entirely that some people , yourself included make massive sacrifices to support City and don't have unlimited resources.
From a different perspective the club do reward those who spend alot of money and also can afford to follow the team home and away. Sometimes they are actually the ones traipsing to Brighton away, because they can afford it.

I do understand your frustration, but no system is perfect.
The points system isn't as I have often procured tickets from high pointers who have sold on their tickets.

To clarify it is frustrating that some with no allegiance to the club get tickets, and some go to Vips for the day.
That is what the points system is for.

The club really needs to introduce the 'bump along' system I've mentioned previously.

Every spare seat should be bunched together and the existing ticket holders moved along. That way, you end up with 2 seats TOGETHER rather than two singles. There's a reason the third tier of the away section always sells fast when it's returned!

Still, looks like it's going to be ANOTHER brilliant attendance given there's a rail strike the same day.
A lot of the singles for the weekend will be season tickets returning one to the exchange.

I saw an actual professional seat counter in the East Stand L1 last night. Young girl in a UEFA jacket and a clipboard, noting down the seat number of a couple of no-shows. Wonder what that was all about

Maybe someone had reported the people in those seats for anti social behaviour and she was checking out if anyone was still sat there?

These are Seat Exchange returns, not unsold seats. The game has been sold out for a while. Your system can't work in this situation, nor is it necessary. Look at Brighton too. That's been sold out for a while now and odd seat exchange singles are just starting to pop up. These will increase in frequency right up until kick off.

You're right but I'd go further and say nearly all will be season tickets on the exchange.

Look at Brighton now and look again in 2 weeks, theres 6 now and will be a couple of hundred in 2 weeks.
We are making the same point of course but you are right - they are ALL seat exchange tickets. The reason I know is that I have to buy my lads a ticket for every game so I've been monitoring it all season to make sure they don't miss out. There's been no Brighton tickets (or one, or two) for about a fortnight now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.