Seat Counters - 2023/24

Danny seems tasked with leading City’s input into COOP Live and the expanded North Stand. His boss Roel de Vries seems to have a bigger responsibility for ticket prices as part of maximising Match Day income. This includes the virtual stadium where you can abuse the rags on Derby Day, from the comfort of your armchair, lol.

I’m at the OSC Meeting tomorrow night. It will be interesting to see if any of the Club’s Directors turn up. That said, they probably see 98% seat occupancy (Burnley and Brentford won’t be viewed in isolation) as a success.
I sent Danny a message a couple of months ago which a few years ago he would have responded to with an email or sometimes with a phone call. This time nothing, not even a curt reply saying received the message etc. Does the club listen to supporter branches any longer as I guess they would represent a large percentage of match going fans. I have received around half a dozen surveys this season after home games asking about my match day experience and how it could be improved but you never see the results of these and whether any fan suggestion is acted upon or even considered. We are just customers these days not fans and as long as they can extract the money from somewhere they don't really care.

And this is what happens when you neglect local support, we do not have half of Ireland supporting us, we don’t have coaches full of identikit middle aged men from places like Wrexham, Lancaster, Worcester, Penzance, Colchester etc parking up at our equivalent of the Gorse, these imbeciles need to get wise, open their eyes, look at the bigger picture and remember short-termism does not work. The ticket prices are a disgrace and they need calling out for it.
I can't speak for the other places you mention but having lived in Lancaster for 20 odd years City have always had pretty solid support in these parts to be fair. Obviously though there are more kids in City shirts these days, but not being a million miles away there are a lot of 'exiles' or people with connections to Manchester. To be honest though I would still be quite dubious about watching a game against United or Liverpool in a pub in town due to fact I would probably be considerably outnumbered.
Getting back to your point about extortionate price of tickets though, no matter how good the football is, a lot of people I know have stopped going completely or cut down considerably.
My daughter who lives in Manchester was wondering if I wanted to go tonight, but at £50ish a ticket I think it's too much for a run of the mill match. In the past I always got my tickets through the club as I was keen to build up my points on my City card. Recently I have got them through ticket agencies, which I know can charge extortionate prices for certain games but I noticed you can get them for under £30 for tonight, considerably cheaper than through the club.

I sent Danny a message a couple of months ago which a few years ago he would have responded to with an email or sometimes with a phone call. This time nothing, not even a curt reply saying received the message etc. Does the club listen to supporter branches any longer as I guess they would represent a large percentage of match going fans. I have received around half a dozen surveys this season after home games asking about my match day experience and how it could be improved but you never see the results of these and whether any fan suggestion is acted upon or even considered. We are just customers these days not fans and as long as they can extract the money from somewhere they don't really care.

I think the new bus scheme has come out of the fan survey emails.

I don’t like him but loads of top Blues say Danny is a great guy so I take their view over my own. A bit like your own experience, I tried to email Danny twice (about a mate who had terminal cancer. He didn’t get back to me but I think he was on holiday and gets loads of requests, so that’s understandable. Fair enough.

I made a suggestion at an OSC meeting a couple of years ago after there had been quite a few empty seats against Leeds and Leipzig. These were fairly close together midweek games IIRC, a bit like Burnley and Brentford. It wasn’t long after we’d come out of Covid lock down. Danny mocked the idea of giving 10 ticket points to Blues who bought tickets for 4 or 5 mates to help fill the ground. He may well have been right but I had to listen to this speech about the integrity of the points system.

It was around this time the Club were persuaded to introduce cheaper kids tickets that they have reversed. Therefore, I tend to agree with you that they don’t listen much.

In fairness to Danny, he does pitch up from time to time ant our friends meetings in the West Yorks Branch so credit to him for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eds
Danny seems tasked with leading City’s input into COOP Live and the expanded North Stand. His boss Roel de Vries seems to have a bigger responsibility for ticket prices as part of maximising Match Day income. This includes the virtual stadium where you can abuse the rags on Derby Day, from the comfort of your armchair, lol.

I’m at the OSC Meeting tomorrow night. It will be interesting to see if any of the Club’s Directors turn up. That said, they probably see 98% seat occupancy (Burnley and Brentford won’t be viewed in isolation) as a success.
Tell them from me I have supported City since before they were born and that I can see they are hurting the fabric of the club. I am a working class kid from Manchester but I wonder how many of today’s working class kids can afford to go? Like they’ll give a fuck

Tell them from me I have supported City since before they were born and that I can see they are hurting the fabric of the club. I am a working class kid from Manchester but I wonder how many of today’s working class kids can afford to go? Like they’ll give a fuck

I started going in 1968 and it was 2/6d in the scoreboard or 3 shilling in the Kippax in pre decimal money for a junior. I'm not sure what that would equate to with inflation today but I'm sure it would be a lot less than we charge now. Oh and I was watching great football back then too. Bell, Lee, Summerbee and Young. I could afford to go out of my spends...just...though I needed the odd top up from caddying at Didsbury golf club and my grandad chipping in now and then for cup winners cup games etcetera, or any little luxuries like a Bovril or a programme. Actually a programme was a necessity for the token that you used to get a ticket for the derby.

I don’t like him but loads of top Blues say Danny is a great guy so I take their view over my own. A bit like your own experience, I tried to email Danny twice (about a mate who had terminal cancer. He didn’t get back to me but I think he was on holiday and gets loads of requests, so that’s understandable. Fair enough.

I made a suggestion at an OSC meeting a couple of years ago after there had been quite a few empty seats against Leeds and Leipzig. These were fairly close together midweek games IIRC, a bit like Burnley and Brentford. It wasn’t long after we’d come out of Covid lock down. Danny mocked the idea of giving 10 ticket points to Blues who bought tickets for 4 or 5 mates to help fill the ground. He may well have been right but I had to listen to this speech about the integrity of the points system.

It was around this time the Club were persuaded to introduce cheaper kids tickets that they have reversed. Therefore, I tend to agree with you that they don’t listen much.

In fairness to Danny, he does pitch up from time to time ant our friends meetings in the West Yorks Branch so credit to him for that.
Integrity of the points system died many years ago with £££'s for points, 200? for the Kiev game and allocation the last few years.

I can't speak for the other places you mention but having lived in Lancaster for 20 odd years City have always had pretty solid support in these parts to be fair. Obviously though there are more kids in City shirts these days, but not being a million miles away there are a lot of 'exiles' or people with connections to Manchester. To be honest though I would still be quite dubious about watching a game against United or Liverpool in a pub in town due to fact I would probably be considerably outnumbered.
Getting back to your point about extortionate price of tickets though, no matter how good the football is, a lot of people I know have stopped going completely or cut down considerably.
My daughter who lives in Manchester was wondering if I wanted to go tonight, but at £50ish a ticket I think it's too much for a run of the mill match. In the past I always got my tickets through the club as I was keen to build up my points on my City card. Recently I have got them through ticket agencies, which I know can charge extortionate prices for certain games but I noticed you can get them for under £30 for tonight, considerably cheaper than through the club.
You can get a ticket for a tenner for tonight on Man City Face Value Tickets and Travel.

That leads me into a broader point about how this site was once the pariah of the ticket office but is now its saving grace. These pages help to ensure the ground is pretty full whilst city are able to sell remaining tickets for higher prices than they would otherwise be able to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.