Seat Counters - 2024/25

Of course we are. ;-)

I know it sold out initially. I get told that every time I post a similar post.

But there’s tickets still left.

The sold, sold out seat exchange tickets should have sold out as well by now.(3 sold out’s in 1 sentence. :-) )

There is no reason at all why there should be 1 seat left for sale, never mind 146 seats left for sale, and that’s with a slightly reduced capacity due to the North stand construction work.

And before I get pelters, I hope the match does sell out twice by 3pm tomorrow. Then I will be even more happier seeing City play, Gundo presented, and every seat at the Etihad sold. :-)
That is not how it works though.

If someone looks this morning and no seats available or none where they want them and soon after somebody else lists tickets which would have been perfect they don't automatically go to the person that looked earlier.

We should be thankful for the opportunity to sell and buy on the Exchange but it will mean tickets can become available at any time and therefore appear as unsold!

Last edited:
Of course we are. ;-)

I know it sold out initially. I get told that every time I post a similar post.

But there’s tickets still left.

The sold, sold out seat exchange tickets should have sold out as well by now.(3 sold out’s in 1 sentence. :-) )

There is no reason at all why there should be 1 seat left for sale, never mind 146 seats left for sale, and that’s with a slightly reduced capacity due to the North stand construction work.

And before I get pelters, I hope the match does sell out twice by 3pm tomorrow. Then I will be even more happier seeing City play, Gundo presented, and every seat at the Etihad sold. :-)

If there were no seats left to sell and someone listed their ticket on the ticket exchange but then the tickets went off sale a minute later, would you consider it a non sell out?

It’s worth noting that in general it’s not always the same seats for sale either. As some sell, others come up to buy. It’s not a static number that gradually goes down. So if you see 100 tickets for sale and the next time you look there’s 75, that doesn’t mean we’ve sold 25.

As a footnote 146 is 0.27% of the stadium capacity.

That is not how it works though.

If someone looks this morning and no seats available or none where they want them and soon after somebody else lists tickets which would gave been perfect they don't automatically go to the person that looked earlier.

We should be thankful for the opportunity to sell and buy on the Exchange but it will mean tickets can become available at any time and therefore appear as unsold!
Will the unsold seats be available to sell on the day of the game, provided the buyer has an existing membership (or whatever is required)?

Every premier league game has empty seats somewhere in their stadium for all sorts of reasons, and that's a fact.
My mates just put his ticket on the ticket exchange due to a family issue, they'll be people who do similar much closer to kick-off, that's life.
Stats tell us we have fewer empty seats than trafford and littlewoods over the last few seasons, doubt if their fans flap like some of ours.

Will the unsold seats be available to sell on the day of the game, provided the buyer has an existing membership (or whatever is required)?

In theory yes.

However, the club can be a bit naughty for bigger fixtures and sell these tickets on to third party sites so that higher prices can be charged.

A note to the flapping squad. If you want to see how seat exchange works in practice go and look for the next half hour. Seats are popping up and disappearing all the time right now. The window to sell closes in 15 minutes. You will see that whatever is available at that point vanishes in a few minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.