Sebastián Coates

mancboy123 said:
Ok so toure wont be here next year not sure why but ok. Lescott shouldnt be a starter based on what, would that be based on us having the best defence in the prem last year or because everyone says so?

How about the two goals he gave up against Bolton. He is a good defender. He is not good enough for what we aspire to. We want to compete against Barcelona, with Lescott as a starter, we won't.

-- Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:15 pm --

LoveCity said:
Do people really think we'll be quick to can Kolo when he is the brother of one of our key players and Yaya has all but said in the past that Kolo is pretty much the reason he's here? I'm not sure, the club must be careful not to upset Yaya if Kolo isn't in our plans.

That's YaYas problem. He will be close to impossible to sell, so he will have to decide if he wants to play and win trophies.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:16 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
Do people really think we'll be quick to can Kolo when he is the brother of one of our key players and Yaya has all but said in the past that Kolo is pretty much the reason he's here? I'm not sure, the club must be careful not to upset Yaya if Kolo isn't in our plans.

Have you met Mancini? Does he look like the kind of guy who will play a player because his brother wants him to?

Kolo is in his 30s. And he is an old 30 to begin with. I wouldn't imagine him lasting another 3-4 years to begin with. If in 2-3 years Yaya decides to leave so be it. We have young players like Abu who should and will likely take his spot by the time Yaya is in 31-32 himself. Just because he is integral now, it doesn't mean he will be in 3 years time.

Coates wouldn't make sense in one way. He is only 20 and the club already has 2 promising 20-year old centre backs.

Boyata and Savic, i would prefer a more experienced 25+ year old defender to partner Kompany.

While Savic and Boyata would probably grow as 3rd and 4th choice and become starters. While the older centre-back would then later make way to either one to partner Kompany.

mrscitygirl said:
BringBackSwales said:
BlueJill said:
He is 20. Kolo won't be here next year and Lescott shouldn't be a starter and should be gone in 2. Leaving you with Coates, Savic, Boyata, and Kompany next year.

Boyata should go out on loan this year.

I think that your comment about Lescott is incredibly harsh, and indeed downright wrong

Lescott has been one of our best player end of and beginning this season.

How can you say that. We have conceded exactly 2 goals this season. He was at fault for both.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:08 pm --<br /><br />
BringBackSwales said:
r.soleofsalford said:
mrscitygirl said:

when we need someone for a physical battle lescott is always up for it

unfortunately mate some people always need someone to slag off, makes me sick tbh

You honestly can say you think that Lescott is good enough to start for a Champions League winning (yes winning the entire thing) side? Simple Yes or No.

anyone who knows how to read the game knows that he was not at fault vs Bolton

BJ is bang wrong

Bellamyend said:

BJ is bang wrong

Apparently so is Mancini then. I like the company I am in.

Bellamyend said:

BJ is bang wrong

Anyone who knows how to read the game? I'm assuming you consider yourself to be such a person? Yet you don't think Lescott is at fault for either goal? Interesting....

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=230630&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=230630&start=50</a>

I haven't read this thread, just popped in to say I think it would be a mistake to let him go to the dippers. Carroll plus Coates would make them a scary prospect from set pieces, and Downing and Adam deliver a decent ball. My arguments against Lescott are in the thread above, I will happily listen to your opinion after reading them<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:07 pm --<br /><br />
r.soleofsalford said:
mrscitygirl said:
BringBackSwales said:
I think that your comment about Lescott is incredibly harsh, and indeed downright wrong

when we need someone for a physical battle lescott is always up for it

Unfortunately though he doesn't usually win it. Davies battered him on Sunday

Boyata and Savic, i would prefer a more experienced 25+ year old defender to partner Kompany.

Only this. While I love the fact we're hoovering up a lot of Europe's finest young talent, if we are to get another CB I would hope it'd be an older, CL-experienced one. Preferably, as SWJ and others have said in the other defence thread, a warrior; any names spring to mind?

Think another central defender would complete the squad. All our current ones are very good by the way, but its a long season and we will get injuries.

we are going all the way in four competitions. how long have we waited to say that! fantastic isn't it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.