Seeing blues that you don't know in public

i bumped into Noel at euston station before the west ham home game this season, (tevez double!) I obviously knew who he was but without saying anything else at all I just got into a long chat about the game and we talked about how apparently Roque might make his debut (how deluded we were lol!).

Didn't feel like i was talking to a superstar or anyone famous, for those 10 minutes it just felt like we were both blues and nothing more.

Da_Blu_Moona said:
i bumped into Noel at euston station before the west ham home game this season, (tevez double!) I obviously knew who he was but without saying anything else at all I just got into a long chat about the game and we talked about how apparently Roque might make his debut (how deluded we were lol!).

Didn't feel like i was talking to a superstar or anyone famous, for those 10 minutes it just felt like we were both blues and nothing more.

So Noels a down to earth guy, how about Liam?

I do the same. I nod and a smile and an Alright Blue...

We as city fans are a different breed, none of the other big clubs fans are the same

In Padstow last Thursday. Putting a few quid in the parking meter, (had 3rd shirt on), and heard a 'alright there Blue'. Turned round and a couple of geezers were walking past me, one clad in the home shirt. 'Acknowledged and returned the greeting then walked off proud as punch! It does that to me when I see Blues far away from home, makes me feel proud. In and around town though I don't acknowledge anyone, most likely because I refuse to wear any kit around town when i'm out, only when i'm on holiday do I don it in public.

P.S. Rick Stein, (as much as I rate him and like his programme), is a robbing ****. £35 for fish and chips!

Living down here it's always been a big deal seeing a blue. About ten years ago I was watching a City game in a pub. We scored and I saw a bloke jump up in the air, so I went over straight away - turned out he was from Wythenshawe. We now have a branch with eighty-odd members!

I,ve always got my colours on in Coventry and over the past couple of years have had loads of good conversations with absolute strangers because of it. Funny thing is that lot of city fans here are women whose hubbies follow Liverpool or United!. Only ever seen one other guy in a city shirt though and that was an hour long conversation. However Cov and city colours are very similar.

Pigeonho said:
In Padstow last Thursday. Putting a few quid in the parking meter, (had 3rd shirt on), and heard a 'alright there Blue'. Turned round and a couple of geezers were walking past me, one clad in the home shirt. 'Acknowledged and returned the greeting then walked off proud as punch! It does that to me when I see Blues far away from home, makes me feel proud. In and around town though I don't acknowledge anyone, most likely because I refuse to wear any kit around town when i'm out, only when i'm on holiday do I don it in public.

P.S. Rick Stein, (as much as I rate him and like his programme), is a robbing ****. £35 for fish and chips!

P.S. Rick Stein, (as much as I rate him and like his programme), is a robbing ****. £35 for fish and chips![/quote]

Hate to think how much the mayo sachets were...:)

I always let on when I see blues over here as we are so few and far between. Have met some top city fans from all over, for some reason I've met several Irish city fans.

Often chat to rival fans as well, never had any negative reactions, most fans are sound, that may change when we win something!

I've even met some decent rags, middle-aged manc ones, not the typical glory hunters from Korea or Jersey or somewhere...( tin hat on ).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.