Selling a house

Newham. We’re looking at Foxtons, Bairstow Eves, Aston Fox plus little independents at the moment. The first comes tomorrow.

Our friends a few doors down were up for £375,000 to £400,000 and got £392,000. Three offers. We’re not asking for all that because they had one more bedroom!

It’s not uncommon to get more than the asking price. London is overpopulated. I don’t comprehend the obsession with living here. It’s expensive.

TBF, Newham is one of the worst, if not the worst London borough so maybe your judgement is a little clouded re London?

it’s the greatest city on Earth, baby.

TBF, Newham is one of the worst, if not the worst London borough so maybe your judgement is a little clouded re London?

it’s the greatest city on Earth, baby.

Parts of South East London are worse. Out of control gun gangs.

I’m assuming you’re a Manchester lad originally? You must surely find the North far friendlier than a cold London? London’s bubble will burst. I think I’m getting out at the right time. I shouldn’t be here now.

Absolutely. They’re first time buyers and have a mortgage deal in place for the amount it’s up for. You could tell they were delighted with the house and they rang the agent to offer the asking price 30 seconds after leaving.

My mum owns two thirds of the house and is making something like £100,000 profit. The poor woman struggled for years so it’s great to see her get a boost. I can’t wait to leave London.

Good result. Have you started looking yet?

I have. There’s plenty about in my price range too. Auction is another route.

I have. There’s plenty about in my price range too. Auction is another route.
Was going to suggest an auction. Went to an online auction last week and the properties went for much more than you might think. Good for selling but maybe not so good for buying.

It's one avenue to explore certainly. I'm not bidding on anything until the house is officially sold. This has been two very difficult years in life so I'm looking forwards to easier times in the future.

It's one avenue to explore certainly. I'm not bidding on anything until the house is officially sold. This has been two very difficult years in life so I'm looking forwards to easier times in the future.

You have to ask why properties are in an auction the will always go for less in an auction than via a traditional agent. The answer tends to be that there will be some issue that will not get through a mortgage process and therefore they are only interested in seeking out commercial buyers who wont be using a Resi mortgage to finance it.

Where are you looking. I would suggest North Wales for a mix of value and being close to civilisation.

You have to ask why properties are in an auction the will always go for less in an auction than via a traditional agent. The answer tends to be that there will be some issue that will not get through a mortgage process and therefore they are only interested in seeking out commercial buyers who wont be using a Resi mortgage to finance it.

Where are you looking. I would suggest North Wales for a mix of value and being close to civilisation.

I’ve got to think about work too. North Wales is very scenic but I’ve spent 2000 to 2020 in Manchester and London. I don’t think I could cope with somewhere slow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.