Semi Date

bluechaos said:
u2fme2 said:

I would expect them to make the kick off as early as possible seeing as its City V United! I know the kick off is traditionally later, but i think it might be 3 o'clock

It won't be at 3 on the Saturday as it would clash with Prem games and they don't show games on the tv that clash with Sat 3pm kick offs.

IFeedGoats said:
Scooby Blue said:
Why is this not fair?

If there are enough tickets for everyone with seasoncard to get one, why not offer some extra reward to those with the highest loyalty points?

I want all City fans to have a good day out and if this is enhanced by being able to offer a few at the top of the loyalty points table the opportunity to sit with a son/daughter/mate who is also a seasoncard holder...I say no problem.

In practice, I would be very surprised if this happened though....too difficult to get numbers / bands / points sorted out in a way which is seen to be fair.

There are not enough for ALL ST's, All ST Holders who want one may get one but may not with your idea so how would that be fair?

Look, I don't want to get into an argument over this...and i don't have access to the exact numbers + loyalty points of all city fans etc...

But if the club work out that at a cut-off point of say 3000 loyalty points ...there are enough tickets to guarantee every seasoncard holder a ticket (let's say 25-28,000 tickets)....what is the problem in allowing the top 1000 on the loyalty point list the opportunity to get another ticket PROVIDED that the other ticket also has 3000+ loyalty points.

It will mean that people can sit together...at the cost of slightly reducing the CHOICE of ticket, but not the ACCESS to ticket for the 1000 seasoncard holders lower down the list who will feel that they may have been "queue jumped".

If you go to games as an individual ...you may say "not fair"
If you go to games with a group of mates who all have roughly the same loyalty points ...you may say "this is not a problem for us...so this idea is not fair"
If you are a very loyal City fan with 7500 loyalty points who would like to sit next to his son (who only has 3500 loyalty points)...you may say "thank you City for a nice initiative which is NOT denying anyone a ticket, but allowing me to enjoy this day out a little bit more...and acknowledging my loyal support for the club"

Elvistheblue said:
bluechaos said:
I would expect them to make the kick off as early as possible seeing as its City V United! I know the kick off is traditionally later, but i think it might be 3 o'clock

It won't be at 3 on the Saturday as it would clash with Prem games and they don't show games on the tv that clash with Sat 3pm kick offs.

ahh yeah good point

I was going to say 1, but doubt they would make it that early with all the travel involved, guess we will have to wait and see

My lads have got 2700 ish each. So I am hoping thats enough. They have to sit with me so leaves me no option but to wait til 2700 points qualify. Not asking for special treatment but if they can work out if there are enough tickets issued to be available at some point for 2700 then they should be able to say so. Its not hard really.

Edit, actually they have 2950 now thanks to double fa cup points. Whats the betting it gets cut off at 3000 :D

MonsallBlue said:
My lads have got 2700 ish each. So I am hoping thats enough. They have to sit with me so leaves me no option but to wait til 2700 points qualify. Not asking for special treatment but if they can work out if there are enough tickets issued to be available at some point for 2700 then they should be able to say so. Its not hard really.

It is clear from some of the responses on this thread that some fans are not very sympathetic to the problems of families etc wanting to sit together.

The key point about the size of the allocation for the semi-final (32,000???) is that it potentially offers the club some flexibility in trying to help fans with this issue WITHOUT denying anyone access to a ticket.

I am not sure that 2700 would be enough....but I have no problem with the club exploring some cut-off point that will address the issue of Dad with 6000 loyalty points wanting to sit with rest of family who only have 4000 points.

normal away ticket allocations are not big enough to handle this sort of issue...but 32000 is plenty to allow a bit of imagination/innovation to kick in.

I'm going to post this for the twentieth time.

Some of you are panicking over nothing. 32K is a lot of tickets. All season ticket holders will get one, they'll go on sale to City Card holders and probably to Accesscard holders with a number of points.

I promise.

Didsbury Dave said:

Some of you are panicking over nothing. 32K is a lot of tickets. All season ticket holders will get one, they'll go on sale to City Card holders and probably to Accesscard holders with a number of points.

I promise.

Potential final would be a different story I suspect?

Didsbury Dave said:

I promise.

So long as you promise I'm in. (you didn't cross your fingers did you?)<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:09 pm --<br /><br />I know lots of blues (in the tens) with SC that aren't all going to the semi. However, and this is a big thing, they are all lending their cards to friends/family so there may not be that many extra passing down (as I have been asking around trying to borrow one more). So I am not sure all SC that want one, will get one.

Didsbury Dave said:

I promise.

How many did we sell in a 2nd division playoff final against Gillingham?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.