Semi finals (City v Real and A Madrid v Bayern)

I thought it was a pretty tough group when it was drawn but an odd one, a group I could see us winning but genuinely also potentially see us coming 3rd or 4th in.

It's a tough group but not compared to having a Barca in it. For a start, we would have finished 2nd then have to beat Bayern Munich. New teams must face this even worse every year. They don't even get a puncher's chance to knock one team out over two legs.

Atletico were ruthless against Barca over both legs. If Torres didn't get sent off in the first leg it could have been really lopsided.

Atletico shut down the best offense in football and then countered with considerable threat. If there's one team I don't want to meet, it's Atletico - we're good going forward (but not as good as Barca) and our defense, while pretty good when set, is very susceptible whenever we turn the ball over.

Atletico is our worst match-up IMO.

Atletico are every club's worst match-up, as they play parasite football.

We have avoided a serious curve-ball, although their methods are designed around two-legged football.

In a one-off game, there would be no favourite.

Bayern must be pissed, considering their possession based game will be perfect for Simeone's tactics.

Don't think away goals in extra time count.
If 0-0 after 180 minutes I don't think you win by being 1-1 AET.

Anyway, 2-0 at home with a goal in Madrid means they'd have to score 4.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
I think you'll find you do

Sent from my pit using my finger

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.