Semi or the Final...

The final all the way, the semi was special because we beat them in an important game but the final was more important. And on a pure alcohol level I was more pissed after the final.

Beating the rags was fantastic, but unless we went on and won the final it was meaningless (a bit like Bellers' equalizer at the swamp - magical moment, but rendered pretty meaningless by the scouse-judas less than 10 minutes later).

So easy for me - the Final. Because not only had we won our 1st major in (too long!), we had pocketed the rags en route.

It will never get any sweeter than that.

final was a breakthrough, 35 year old monkey etc.
Semi was a breakthrough, first time we've beaten them in a meaningful derby for years.
Both were really important but I hope (well expect) we'll lift more trophies from here on in, but I don't think we'll put 'them' in their place like we did in the semi so that shades it for me.

One things for sure, we won't forget those two months for a long long time!

So difficult i was lucky enough to be at both although in club Wembley for the final rather than the City end for the semi which took some of the buzz away. I just have to say the semi by a whisker just because of the emotion and the fact we had to beat them to get the cup on such a huge occasion. Sort of had a strong feeling it was in the bag after beating the scum! Both amazing days that i will cherish forever! Hopefully many more to come!!

Seriously, I cannot believe we are even debating this, winning a trophy is hugely more important than winning a derby, which is all it was after all.

Don't get me wrong the semi was very very sweet indeed, but the final atmosphere cranked up several hundred notches for me, no comparison at all.

It has to be the Semi. It is difficult to describe just how important that game was for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.