Semi Tickets....

It's not just the affordability - which is still a big reason, IMO.

I sat down with my wife at the beginning of January to go through when City were playing and at the end of it she said, "you have got to be kidding!" And that could have been worse with an FA Cup replay too.

These days, people have huge commitments with families, not just financially. The wife was quite right to point out that going to the match every 3 days was just not on, with the way we have to look after the kids & both working.

Something has to give.

Blue2112 said:
bluesmith said:
Blue2112 said:
Said this last week but for the first time since I started following City (1972 and held season tickets since 1976) we was faced with having to choose to pay £320 for four United/Liverpool tickets for the wife and my two daughters (17 and 19 but not earning anywhere near enough to contribute). It didn't take long to decide that the time has finally come when regretably watching it on tv was the clear winner, they all told me to go on my own to both games but I decided i'd prefer to watch the games together at home than be on my own (must be getting old).

So i'm £320 better off which will go towards a lovely present for my daughters 18th birthday this Sunday. Having thought about it since I think i'd have gone as far as £200 maybe £250 for the both games so one at £25 and the other at £30 and i'd have been in. Sign of the times I suppose.
You can get tickets for all 4 of you for the liverpool game for £100. I know its still not cheap, but seems to be in the range of what your prepared to pay.

Was told they were £35 each, under 16's were a fiver so it would cost us £140. Where do you get the £100?

North Stand Adults - £35 16-21 £15.......£100 total

Still too much but they have advised you wrong if they said £140. Might have been in your normal seats though!

I am going with the lad but thought very hard before I did and compromised by going North stand level 1 instead of normal level 2 which saved me £15.

However I really cannot understand prioritising Everton away over this like others have.

I was more miffed at the £45 they would've charged me for the FA cup 3rd round last Sunday, couldn't afford it as I had already bought a ticket for this game which cost me £37.50. Was looking forward to going to both too.

They'll be even more pricier next season. Especially the more successful we become.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Blue2112 said:
bluesmith said:
You can get tickets for all 4 of you for the liverpool game for £100. I know its still not cheap, but seems to be in the range of what your prepared to pay.

Was told they were £35 each, under 16's were a fiver so it would cost us £140. Where do you get the £100?

North Stand Adults - £35 16-21 £15.......£100 total

Still too much but they have advised you wrong if they said £140. Might have been in your normal seats though!

I am going with the lad but thought very hard before I did and compromised by going North stand level 1 instead of normal level 2 which saved me £15.

However I really cannot understand prioritising Everton away over this like soneone else has.
I can understand those that can't afford it, but Wigan away and everton away over a CC semi final beggars belief

cleavers said:
Scotty76 said:
Piss poor effort by our fans...
Piss poor comment if you don't mind me saying. Are you going ? If you are that is all that should matter to you.

I'll be setting off about 11:30am tomorrow, and won't be home till 2am, but if others can't go (for whatever reason), that is their business, not yours.

Yes I am going and I won't get in till around 1am. Not that that's the point...
I am having a go at lads who have spent there money on the piss and thought fuck that game. Then they come on saying it's too expensive for a semi final, which I don't think it is considering it was about that price for the semi against the rags 2 years ago... I did point out that it's hard for people with kids.

As for piss poor comment, it's a forum where you post comments, just like you have...

Will have to sweet talk the wife now as shes already earmarked the money for the daughters 18th birthday and trying to get £100 back at this late stage might be more difficult than Kompany trying to get his appeal oveturned ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.