Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone else remember when Southgate’s excuse for not playing Foden in the centre was because Pep didn’t play him there? Wonder what his excuse would be for playing him as a left winger would be given Pep any played him there since his debut season when he was coming from the academy…

Lots of issues yesterday, and like we have known for a while, Southgate is not great tactically. Most teams these days don’t play long from the goalkeeper all the time ( thanks Pep) so what was that all about. We were straight back under pressure and no control of the ball. Phil didn’t have a great game, but what does Rice actually do? He hid in that second half. Thought Bowen looked good when he came on, and Guehi did not look out of place at all. Bellingham’s a talent but too much of an ego to be a real team player. Disappeared second half when the going got tough. I think the ‘Jack’ decision will come back and bite Southgate, needed some control second half and we didn’t have anyone to provide that on the pitch. Positives, the boys will be home early to get ready for next season.

I feel for Phil, England is clearly a step down for him.
When has Phil played in a park the bus team ?
When has Phil played with a hoof ball keeper ?
When has Phil played with a player with a huge ego like Bellingham ?

At City Phil looks settled, feels part of the best team in the world, with world class players who trust him.

At England Phil looks lost, players don't understand his footballing brain.

England doesn't suit Phil's game.

The biggest problem is the players don't pass to Phil. Bellingham wants to be the star, taa wants to hit the Hollywood pass some 60yds.

Just come home Phil before England drains you of your confidence.

Lots of issues yesterday, and like we have known for a while, Southgate is not great tactically. Most teams these days don’t play long from the goalkeeper all the time ( thanks Pep) so what was that all about. We were straight back under pressure and no control of the ball. Phil didn’t have a great game, but what does Rice actually do? He hid in that second half. Thought Bowen looked good when he came on, and Guehi did not look out of place at all. Bellingham’s a talent but too much of an ego to be a real team player. Disappeared second half when the going got tough. I think the ‘Jack’ decision will come back and bite Southgate, needed some control second half and we didn’t have anyone to provide that on the pitch. Positives, the boys will be home early to get ready for next season.

Other positive is that Ten Hag will get binned off for Southgate when the clocks go back.

Just watching SSN. I must have watched a different game.
You and me both. The Serbians were physical and used their size to intimidate us, but Waistcoat and his advisors would have been fully aware that it was not going to be a night for the faint of heart. But nothing they did could justify the amount of time Saka went down.
I've been made aware that he likes to 'take a tumble' and so it has proved. I don't think I have ever seen a player spend more time writhing on the ground in pretend-agony as much as him. Tranny likes a dive, as do Ratboy 2 (in fact every rag is or was a diving çunt), Salah is another, but Saka is climbing his way up to the top of the tree when it comes to feigning injury.

The more I see of what Arteta has done to some of his players, the more I am happy as fuck that he will not take over from Pep.

Just heard Southgate’s interview. He said Foden did exactly what he wanted him to do. I’m not sure what that is, but hey ho.

See if he starts on Tuesday.

Nothing to do with the press is it?

Bellingham considering his age is an incredible talent, arrogant without question but at 21 after the season he has had is he not entitled to arrogance?

In our shirt this season Foden looked and played like he was THE man on the pitch, that's taken time, he simply is not at that stage with England and the comparison to Scholes is a perfect one.
I do think it’s driven by the media mate, I like Bellingham as a player I’d have loved him at City and I think you need a bit of swagger, however, look at what he did on the pitch there was a petulance there in particular one incident with the shoulder barge into a players chest, he could end up been sent off. For me you drop TAA bring Bellingham further back and put Foden behind Kane with maybe Eze on the left, this allows Bellingham to do box to box but gives space for Foden to operate in those spaces up front. That won’t happen because of the bellend in charge.

I do think it’s driven by the media mate, I like Bellingham as a player I’d have loved him at City and I think you need a bit of swagger, however, look at what he did on the pitch there was a petulance there in particular one incident with the shoulder barge into a players chest, he could end up been sent off. For me you drop TAA bring Bellingham further back and put Foden behind Kane with maybe Eze on the left, this allows Bellingham to do box to box but gives space for Foden to operate in those spaces up front. That won’t happen because of the bellend in charge.
I agree the guy is a cnut but he has delivered and hence is allowed that right.

His issue is keeping that form, he has set an incredible level , now he has to keep to it, that's going to be hard.

Foden at this time has not performed in an England shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.