Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Someone made a great point about Foden it’s similar to what happened with Scholes, probably one of our best midfielders certainly better than Gerrard and Lampard but was criminally under used and played out of position, the same will happen with Foden, Bellingham will always get the nod ahead of him whilst the press love him.

Having slept on it, being a greedy **** might. get you all the plaudits, but on a team level it's not helping.

Bellingham acting like he's messi will not get us through the knockouts

There's a bloke written a piece on sly sports website, Adam Bates, and it's genuinely like he has no comprehension that football is first and foremost a team sport. Sports journalism, like many other forms, is on its arse in this country.

Still don't know what Pickford was doing last night. For me the pressure England were under started from him and his incessant need to ignore every white shirt and lump the ball 60 yards forward. Got to be braver than that.

I didn't like the Gallagher sub either, that was us accepting that we weren't going to have the ball. Got to braver than that as well.

He's also got to play Foden centrally or just not bother. Playing on the wing is different for England, the team isn't set up to be patient and recycle the ball, the players aren't good enough to do that. England's most technically talented player stuck on the wing in front of a full back on the wrong side.

Thry can't play like that against Spain, France or Germany.

Someone made a great point about Foden it’s similar to what happened with Scholes, probably one of our best midfielders certainly better than Gerrard and Lampard but was criminally under used and played out of position, the same will happen with Foden, Bellingham will always get the nod ahead of him whilst the press love him.
Nothing to do with the press is it?

Bellingham considering his age is an incredible talent, arrogant without question but at 21 after the season he has had is he not entitled to arrogance?

In our shirt this season Foden looked and played like he was THE man on the pitch, that's taken time, he simply is not at that stage with England and the comparison to Scholes is a perfect one.

I was watching Foden closely and he was picking up good pockets of space and then not receiving the ball, quite a few times he was making runs only for the player on the ball to keep hold of it. Bellingham for as good as he is becomes ill disciplined in his role, starts walking about becoming the big I am, he was leaving acres of space for Serbia. England didn't really create proper chances, just opportunity half chances, even the goal Saka meant to put the ball across the floor. Rice is just another Gareth Barry but not as good, he hardly creates any good angles for passes. Don't get me started on Mainoo, he is a liability, even last night he came on 5 mins left and he just wanted to bomb forward and leave acres of space for Serbia. A united fan in work would not have it when I have pointed this out before that he causes united alot of problems.
Just sick of all the predictable Foden media negatively, it was obvious, if he didn't score a worldie he was going to get stick. I'm just pointing out the negatives in the so called England golden Boys.

Still don't know what Pickford was doing last night. For me the pressure England were under started from him and his incessant need to ignore every white shirt and lump the ball 60 yards forward. Got to be braver than that.

I didn't like the Gallagher sub either, that was us accepting that we weren't going to have the ball. Got to braver than that as well.

Can't play like that against Spain, France or Germany.

Example being of Pickford’s kicking there were 30 seconds left of the game England got a free kick and they just needed to keep hold of the ball for a short period of time. He then moved everyone up the pitch and lumps a ball straight back to Serbia. England will pay for that against better teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.