Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look at the left side you have a none left back who is right footed you have Foden helping him out and when he has the ball he keeps it simple one touch pass move! Foden wasn't great and typical media pointing the finger at him! Imagine telling Saka to play left wing with Trippier behind him and Bellingham taking all the space! Saka was good but he has experience fast right back behind him!

Funny Southgate gone out of his way to get Trent in the side who is great on the ball does has a pass but his control of a ball under pressure is poor there is Bellingham who has free reign to do what he wants, Pickford who is a hoof merchant who makes easy saves look world class!

The problem is Southgate he is a coward!

Bellingham did well first half, and was rightly praised. But I thought he was dreadful second half - couldn‘t help us gain control, no composure, didn‘t create anything.
Just a few fairly ill-disciplined charges around the pitch to try to win the ball back. Might play well in the cheap seats, but you‘d hope for more from the guy the team is being picked around.

Why does every competitive England game seem to follow the same pattern? Start brightly, go ahead, and then little by little lose control. With the only tactic seeming to be give it to Pickford so he can launch it to an isolated Harry Kane, resulting in lost possession. It is like Groundhog Day, Southgate has learnt nothing it seems, and it will inevitably end up the usual way when they play somebody good.

People find it hard to find balance with Bellingham because he's so over hyped. He's a really good player but he'll do something fairly ordinary and there are poems written about him.

He was good tonight. Not amazing like we are being led to believe. I saw the game with my own eyes.

There's not many for me coming out with much credit. Guehi started pretty well and Bellingham was good. Saka and Bowen were ok. But the midfield needed to do so much more. Move on and hope we get better

I watched Rice in that second half - whenever Pickford or the back 4 picked the ball up, he’d essentially hide behind a player so the pass to him wasn’t on. And when he did get it, he panicked and played a shit pass.

It’s no wonder we were so penned back when the player who needs the most personality due to the position he plays, is scared to have the ball and drag the team up to have a bit of control.

Rodri is a master of it. Always wants the ball, even when he’s not having a brilliant game. Never hides, always available. It’s an absolute must for that position and Rice goes missing with it too much.

He’s good at defending but the number 6’s role is a lot more than that.

Let’s not pretend that Phil wasn’t poor, he had a shocker, but not helped by Southgate being such a clueless ****.

So many things wrong last night, all been covered off by others, but quite impressive how bad we actually were in that second half. Top quality players all falling apart at Southgate’s shite tactics. He tries to be Pep but doesn’t have the nous to work out how to switch n things at half time based on what the opposition are doing, hence we fall apart.

Should have brought Watkins on so that we could hit the channels with his pace, easy decision but of course one that he was unable to make.

TAA absolute wank as we all knew he’d be, wanted to give benefit of doubt before game but proved exactly what we expected, no mobility and just loads of Hollywood balls when not needed.

Rice turns to shite the minute he’s under pressure, Bellingham greedy as usual, Saka great first half but poor second.

On a positive note I thought all the back 4 did well, and great to see Guehi and Stones get a clean sheet and look commanding.

Just needs Southgate to grow a pair and play best front 6, but he won’t as he’s a ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.