Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
typical Southgate mindset with a lead. instead of trying to kill the game off sat back

If you wanted him at City this is how you cure yourself. Watch how hard he works when he loses possession or goes down and doesn’t get a free kick.

Clue: he doesn’t. He simply doesn’t work hard enough for a Pep team. He loses the ball and lies on the deck for 10 seconds before getting up, dusting himself down and then jogging on towards the action. Obviously Southgate is prepared to give him more leeway than Pep would.

He is a phenomenal talent, but - my judgment- lacks humility.
Same here. It feels like he is playing for him not for England. Little things like not making the obvious pass because he wants to keep the ball for his own showboating, or (more seriously) twatting around in dangerous areas and losing the ball... then lying on the floor because no one helped him. It feels like he thinks he is our saviour, believes his hype. And as for him flapping his arms at the rest of the team for seemingly not trying as hard as him.. I that would fuck me off as a team m8. Great team spirit when those twats are about!

He is confident and enthusiastic. But so is Gallagher. One of them gets the spotlight.

I'm a bit peed off with the team selection this time round, it all seems to be whatever the media have wanted. Mainoo, taa, Palmer etc.. none of that will work when they come up against experienced internationals, even Serbia. And certainly those players need a tactical framework that they work in and last night there were places where we tactically lacking, easy spaces in midfield not covered, players taking silly risks in dangerous areas, non technical players in positions where they need to be technically perfect.

Hopefully we will get better and not go down that old route we used to of ever diminishing performances until being knocked out tragically on penalties. But unlike gazza and how he lifted the team I don't see Bellingham carrying us like that, I'm not even sure the rest of the team actually like him.

Thas how i feel mate, that match of hoofball was terrible. Most of them players can play from the back so why southgate cant use there strength's i dont know. Watching pickford just blast it down the middle is painful.
I think we passed it back to our keeper more than we actually attacked.

First game of major tournaments are usually scrappy and nervy - it’s only since Southgate come along that we’re actually winning the opening fixture

First game of major tournaments are usually scrappy and nervy - it’s only since Southgate come along that we’re actually winning the opening fixture

It’s best not to peak to soon playing your best football. Few more days getting used to the surroundings and the actual training camp hopefully we will see then go up a few gears.

Bellingham isn't going to suddenly be moved position after his performances for club and country in that role he is now and also scoring and being MOM last night. however much everyone harps on about it.

so, that leaves the position next to Rice either being Arnold, Gallagher, Wharton or Mainoo - out of them options i would still rather stick with Arnold just because of his shooting, passing, set piece ability and he's more exciting to watch. IMO.
Alexander-Arnold is NOT a midfielder and nobody is going to convince me otherwise. He just hasn't got the skill set for it. Klopp shoehorned him in to that position as he could see he is a liability defensively.

If Southgate absolutely persists with 2 DM's id rather have Gallagher or even Manioo in there with Rice. Players who actually know that role. Solid base and let the front 4 do what they want.

It's so frustrating as Southgate has put the shackles on this team as his mantra is not to lose rather to win.

After scoring so early we should of gone for Serbia instead he put the handbrake on and players like Foden and Saka were completely wasted

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.