Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All of my mates, known them since school (those that have survived, that is) are absolute football nutters: between them there's not much they don't know about the game, and they too are of the opinion that Trent isn't up to scratch. He's just not good enough to carry out the role Waistcoat has assigned him. So if the average chap on the street can see this why can't Southgate? Serious question.
I am no expert on tactics, neither am I an expert on formations, but I could see that the weakness in that team last night was definitely Trent. No question. And yet in Southgate's eyes he can do no wrong. So what does he see that the rest of us don't?

All of my mates, known them since school (those that have survived, that is) are absolute football nutters: between them there's not much they don't know about the game, and they too are of the opinion that Trent isn't up to scratch. He's just not good enough to carry out the role Waistcoat has assigned him. So if the average chap on the street can see this why can't Southgate? Serious question.
I am no expert on tactics, neither am I an expert on formations, but I could see that the weakness in that team last night was definitely Trent. No question. And yet in Southgate's eyes he can do no wrong. So what does he see that the rest of us don't?

When the penny dropped with Klopp that he wasn’t a right back and had to move him further up the pitch to get the most out of him you know he’s a luxury player. How can he be trusted to be the legs in midfield and be disciplined, Rooney highlighted that in the lead up to the game and fuck me the granny lover was right.

That's what I've wanted

Southgate won't do it though. He's never moving Bellingham from that 10 position, even though Bellingham never really played as a 10 until the first half of last season and had a purple patch which dropped off.

I've always thought Bellingham was better as an "8". He gets around the midfield well and still can get in forward positions from there. That's why Madrid signed him initially.

Rice deeper, foden behind kane, Bellingham just behind. Saka on the right and maybe Eze out on the left. It's so obvious but Southgate hasn't got the nuts to tell Bellingham that Phil is going to take his role.
He definitely has a bit of imposter syndrome about him...

Bellingham wasn't the problem. A keeper with poor footballing skills, a player shoehorned in because he's the only dipper player. A centre forward who needs the entire team to play to his strengths to be fully effective, a right back playing at left back.
Sadly there is little to do about the keeper, but if we get Shaw back, get Rice to concentrate on dealing with the defensive side of midfield, put Bowen on the left and as Bellingham is going to wander, let Phil play in the middle, we have a chance of attacking for more than 10 minutes in a match. Waistcoat is the problem, along with all the FA goalkeeping coaches.
I called the the first sub. Arnold was a wasted player and Foden and Bellingham were playing the same position.
I would have swapped Arnold for a left winger, dropped Bellingham back to play alongside Rice, and put Phil in the middle.

He thinks he’s being progressive having him there instead of a Henderson or Gallagher type. Al it’s doing is helping to completely unbalance the side at the expense of probably our most talented player. That left side looked nonexistent last night but wait until we play a good team that attacks us down there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.