Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
everyone on here has an irrational hatred of Bellingham it seems, he was the only fucker who looked any good last night. Just saying.

He scored a goal made by Saka and then did fuck for the rest of the game.

He's supposed to be the number 10 but went charging round the pitch in everyone else's position.

He wants to be the star player every time he gets the ball instead of playing a simple pass.

Twitter football (teenagers and men that haven't grown up) will just focus on the goal and some tackles.

So you've met Bellingham have you?
Don't need to. I have eyes and ears and emotional intelligence. Apparently many lack the latter. This isn't a surprise, it's part of the human condition, but it sure is irritating to read/watch/listen to.

Last edited:
It's more to do with the he's playing in a system which just doesn't suit him. Time and again especially in the second half he was finding pockets of space but his teammates either didn't see him or ignored to pass to him and he increasingly got more and more frustrated. Foden needs to player under a manager like Pep rather than Mr Beige to flourish
Bellingham seems to ignore him I've noticed that, can't stand the prick

Bet I can tell you how old Bellingham is ….. and do you know Dave Whelan broke his leg in the 1960 Cup Final ffs

You know what, I don't give a sh1t about England, Spain, Portugal , etc.

I wish they were all knocked out ASAP and our players this time next week were booking a long summer holiday, international football is painful.
I'd agree with this. Teams that have a lot of players in the Euros may struggle at the start of next season. It's not just the tiredness, it's the emotions of going through a tournament

I think Bellingham is very talented, has had a great season and deserves his place in this England team. But I don't buy this narrative that he's enormously mature for his age. That's fine in itself - he's little more than a kid, develop him right and I'm sure he'll be a real leader in 5 or 10 years' time. But right now I think he needs the manager and the more experienced players to remind him that this is a team game, he's not the saviour of English football, and he has a role to play that's more than just doing whatever and going wherever he wants.

Watching the other teams so far this tournament, you can see that the vast majority of them, especially the better teams, have a plan and a structure and play in patterns. That doesn't mean there's no room for improvisation or creativity, it's just about teammates knowing what to expect of each other. I appreciate this is harder in a national team than at a club due to not playing together so much, but plenty of other countries manage it.

We have too many players being given too much freedom. Bellingham is one but he's not the only one. The defence pretty much sorts itself out most of the time because it's naturally a less ego-driven area of the pitch. Further forward, Southgate needs to lay down the law about what spaces people need to take up and what patterns of play the team is aiming for - and that needs to be based on how best to win matches, not appeasing players who'd rather be doing something else.

And that includes Phil. I love Phil and would much prefer him to be playing centrally, but if the decision is to play him on the left then we need to get him occupying space on the left and attacking from there. And if he's not the best in the squad at that role, play someone else there. Last night the left-hand side was an empty space for most of the match. It won't work against better opposition.

Bellingham was excellent but everything he showed was justification for dropping him deeper alongside Rice. He wants the ball and wants to make things happen, so get him deeper where he can pick it up from the defence/keeper - exactly what we always miss in this England side. Get Foden ahead of him, they can rotate positions and play off each other. Get Gordon/Eze wide left to stretch the pitch and bring more natural width and then you'll see the midfield thrive.

If the idea was to leave an aging CF high up and not get involved unless challenging for an aimless pump up the pitch from a keeper with about as much intelligence as a squashed hedgehog and to shoehorn players into positions that led to them getting into each others way then top job Gareth.
First 15 mins England actually looked cohesive and tidy which left them with a deserved lead. Why on earth they reverted to type for the following 75 I’ve no idea. They were actively time wasting from the 80th minute against a team who would likely be spanked by Crewe Alexander.

Don't need to. I have eyes and ears and emotional intelligence. Apparently many lack the latter. This isn't a surprise, it's part of the human condition, but it sure is irritating to read/watch/listen to.
You conclude he is 'arrogant' and has a massive ego just by looking at him? That's a remarkable super-power.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.