Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pickford is clearly brainless, and his instinct is always to twat the ball as hard as he can through the middle of the pitch.
But that last night was also a symptom of a bigger problem - namely, our inability to build up and play through the lines. No great surprise - Alexander-Arnold isn‘t a midfielder and looks utterly out of his depth working in tight spaces. And Rice isn‘t very good at receiving the ball from the back 4 with his back to the game/on the half turn - hence why he doesn‘t do that job for Arsenal. You could practically see Stones and Guehi pleading with someone to make themselves available but to no avail. Back to Pickford, whalloped upfield. Rinse and repeat.
Can‘t see it changing either, as Southgate is wedded to the idea of Bellingham at 10.

Yep.

Obviously a team looking to win it doesn't need to look blistering every game. We saw Portugal win it without winning a group game. The issue I have is i simply don't see us having many more levels than we had last night. As individuals they do, but as a team and with waistcoat I think that last night is pretty much what we are and I don't see it changing in the next few weeks.

I don't think we will be troubling any of the real contenders once we go up against them. But what's new? In the last 3 tournaments we went deep but the route to get there was very kind to us. We come unstuck once we're in some kind of near 50/50. I expect the same.
Bang on. I was thinking the same. Great individual talent, but as a team not so cohesive or effective. And Southgate to me is too timid in his approach. He shouid be getting a more dynamic tune out if them and if he doesn’t you will he handed your arse the first top team you face. He gets it right and you are in with a chance of winning it. I got a cold shiver even writing that. ;)

I'm sick to bleeding death of hearing about Jude Bellingham already.

Get used to it

He's the golden boy of English football in the eyes of the media.

Even the commentators do not point out his mistakes. There was a point in the second half where he knocked the ball right into the path of their attacker near our box and put the defence in danger. Not a single word about it in commentary. It wasn't much better than Arnold's near howler in the first half but I think most people missed it because the commentators didn't mention it and the replay only showed the shot and not the fact Bellingham nearly put Serbia through on goal.

I'm not blaming the replays because that's pretty much done by a central broadcasting team, but I believe think the English commentators consciously don't say anything negative about him

Compare that with Shearer's eagerness to pounce when Foden lost the ball cheaply midway through the Second Half.
... the biased bell-end brought his "cup final commentary" with him and had more than one or two sly digs at the City lads last night, whilst being really quick to follow and instances where Bellingham or Arnold fucked up with glowing oooh!s and aaaaah!s riddled comments for a simple pass/move.

The craziest thing about the bit you highlighted above was it wasn't even Foden, and in his next comment the bald pricks just said "Oh, it was Gallagher!".

It's the drip-drip tactics at play again.

I think your telling pokies
I'm honestly not. Obviously I root for our own whilst England are playing but can also give praise where praise is due to others.
It's just that the media seems to have set a narrative with JB early on and are now doubling down.
Yes he is a very good player, but anyone would think he was Messi!

No left back, apart from a crock, Southgate has been England manger for years yet, he hasn't see the possibility of a problem if the only LB is injured and worse that LB hasn't played since February
The guy is incompetent just this single example says so
We have a bunch of good players who perform at their highest level for their clubs, those clubs have the best managers England don't have the manager capable of devising a system for these players he doesn't have the tactical ability to formulate a game plan for each match and during games he is doesn't make adjustment or react to the ones made by his opponent This is why we can start well but then gradually get worse

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.