Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many times have we been here over the years?
Every tournament euros or World Cup we get
Over exited and the media hype us up until the inevitable happens.

It’s only been one game but most of us can see where this is going, we will play much better against better teams due to more space available, we will still win the majority but come unstuck when it matters.

Bellingham is the new beckham/ stevie me

Pickford fucking garbage if your gonna hoof it at least try to reach Kane who I think touched the ball once in the first half.

Phil has no chance in this team as the players just don’t trust themselves to make that pass and inevitably will be benched on and off for eze or someone.

How the fuck we have been made favorites is mind boggling it can only be based on the premier league form of the players.

We looked like a championship side last night.

Regarding Bellingham yeh he’s a great player but no team player for me, burnt himself out trying to do it all on his own plus he’s an utter bellend.

In over 55 years in watching England it’s just rinse and repeat for me but who knows.

Why play Trent because of his passing ability then completely bypass him and smash it up to Kane? Weird.
Probably because the defence realised pretty quickly Arnold would be a liability and the next time he gave it away 25 yards away from goal they'd probably score.

And i'm sick of bluemooners slagging the kid off. Page after page after page of it.
It's not his fault that the press are building him up and have him on every front page this morning.
He’s undoubtedly a brilliant player but it always seems to be in fits and starts. Yesterday was a perfect example. For 30/35 mins he showed what he was about, got the goal and the plaudits that come with it but was pretty anonymous with the rest for the next 65.
Whilst it might not be his fault that the press are building him up entirely he certainly gives off the impression that he wants all the limelight by playing mostly for himself.
If he starts involving team mates more often and occasionally keeping it simple with pass and movement it would benefit Englands chances far more than the cruyff turns he seems to attempt whenever he’s on the ball.
I can live with his ego, all the best players need to feel like they are the best on the pitch but he’s still pretty far off from being the player he and the media believe he is.
Hopefully his game will mature because this version of Bellingham in this England team is more likely to hinder than enhance once they come up against the big boys.

I think Bellingham is very talented, has had a great season and deserves his place in this England team. But I don't buy this narrative that he's enormously mature for his age. That's fine in itself - he's little more than a kid, develop him right and I'm sure he'll be a real leader in 5 or 10 years' time. But right now I think he needs the manager and the more experienced players to remind him that this is a team game, he's not the saviour of English football, and he has a role to play that's more than just doing whatever and going wherever he wants.

Watching the other teams so far this tournament, you can see that the vast majority of them, especially the better teams, have a plan and a structure and play in patterns. That doesn't mean there's no room for improvisation or creativity, it's just about teammates knowing what to expect of each other. I appreciate this is harder in a national team than at a club due to not playing together so much, but plenty of other countries manage it.

We have too many players being given too much freedom. Bellingham is one but he's not the only one. The defence pretty much sorts itself out most of the time because it's naturally a less ego-driven area of the pitch. Further forward, Southgate needs to lay down the law about what spaces people need to take up and what patterns of play the team is aiming for - and that needs to be based on how best to win matches, not appeasing players who'd rather be doing something else.

And that includes Phil. I love Phil and would much prefer him to be playing centrally, but if the decision is to play him on the left then we need to get him occupying space on the left and attacking from there. And if he's not the best in the squad at that role, play someone else there. Last night the left-hand side was an empty space for most of the match. It won't work against better opposition.

Agree with so much of this post.

The obvious issue to me is Southgate who doesn't demonstrate the tactical ability or capability to be able to carry out what is best required for the overall needs of the team.

Weak, uninspiring and inept imo - traits which most of the players will never experience from their respective managers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.