Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How do yous see Bellingham as the problem when the rest around him were poor.
The biggest issue is that he isn’t tactically disciplined. He played where Foden was asked to play and this negated Foden.

Similar to how Gerrard used to play. Just run to where the ball is and forget the system set up.

He doesn’t create like Foden does though, so that then made Kane irrelevant too.

He reminds me of Fellaini. A battering ram that uses his physicality to dominate, whilst not having the technique to run a game.

Bellingham now asking Florentino to sign his mate TAA.
Hope they do, Doku would love it.

shame. It bothers me if someone or the media slates Foden, likewise the same with Bellingham, Rice, Saka or any of the other young English lads.

Get it during the PL season, but international tournament wish fans could leave all the club tribal bollox behind. In fairness - the real fans out there in and around the stands, do this.
You don't know what it is like being a City fan.
You may get the vibes on here, but you just will never feel the bile rise when we are talked about in an almost openly acceptably bullying manner by everyone apart from Martin Samuel.
If you understood that feeling of knowing when you turn on the telly, or open a paper, or log on to a website, or go into the pub, or bump into an opposing fan you know, or go to a family gathering, or chat to work colleagues, or even start chatting to a date that knows fuck all about footy, that the entity you love as much as your family is being openly trashed by them.
The way we have been set upon by the football, political, media, socials, and bandwagon jumpers, has been disgraceful and disgusting.
I will never cheer on England from now on unless the whole team is made up from City players (maybe with a couple of Hammers in there) ;)
Bridges have been burnt so badly that I would rather City burn the league to the ground than allow the red tops to bully and CHEAT (yes, cheat) their way to keeping their noses in the trough.
Football changed for me 16 months ago. It ain't changing back.
So, in a nutshell, I would rather iron my own ballsack that support any team with players from clubs that want to destroy my team.
Hope that clarifies my viewpoint.

How do yous see Bellingham as the problem when the rest around him were poor.
Years, decades of watching football and seeing that knobheads like that only upset the balance and dont help a team. For me anyway. He's obviously talented. So is Rashford apparently. Acting like a knob, being the centre of attraction pisses off the rest of your team .

On a lower level its the difference between Messi and Ronaldo and what they bring to teams that are not at their best

I hope to be proven wrong because at the end of the day I so want England to win something during my lifetime. It seems further away lately though. All my opinion though. I dont disagree he was very good the other night, but also very twatty.

The difference being Beckham was actually a team player on the pitch.

Off the pitch he was all about raising his profile and his fame outweighed his ability for the most part but on the pitch you couldn't really knock his attitude for wanting the best for his team and playing for the team. He also worked his bollocks off when the team were not playing so well.

Bellingham has bought into the idea it's the Bellingham show. Might get away with it vs Serbia but that selfishness on the pitch will be England's undoing against a better side.

Not that I like to give any rag credit but I'd take Beckham's on field attitude over Bellingham's.
agreed Beckam was a hard working player

Guehi for me overall and Rice a close second

Bellingham and Saka that first half

Guehi overall for me too, with Foden and Bellingham alongside him as the better performers in the first half.

Bellingham ran around a lot without any real discipline in that second half. He was more a Gerrard than a Xavi/Iniesta.

I thought TAA was okay, until his mistake gave Mitroic a chance. That coupled with the change in tactics hurt him.

It's early doors hopefully, we'll grow into the tournament and maybe Southgate has some sort of plan (ha!). However the signs are not good, and our issues, which have been apparent since the World Cup, have never been addressed. He hasn't once played Bellingham and Foden together in the middle.

It appears that Southgate is putting all his eggs in the Bellingham basket. A great player, but playing him in the 10 negates our best creative player. If he wants Bellingham in the 10 then Foden has to drop to the bench, that makes us considerably weaker, less creative, and less dominant in possession, but more direct, and as is always the case, the first-half decent team we come up against will win the midfiel battle and beat us.

Foden (from a bbc manchester thread).

There has been much said and written about Phil Foden's display in England's 1-0 win over Serbia on Sunday, but stats from Uefa show he covered the second-greatest distance of any player during the first round of group matches at Euro 2024.

Only Serbia's Sergey Milinkovic-Savic (13.9km) covered more ground than Manchester City's Foden (13.2km), while England colleagues Declan Rice of Arsenal (12.9km) and Kieran Trippier of Newcastle United (12.3km) were fifth and eighth in the list respectively.

City's Bernardo Silva was seventh with a total of 12.7km in Portugal's 2-1 win over Czech Republic, while Czech captain Tomas Soucek of West Ham was 10th, covering 12.3km.

The fantastic bellingham, doesn't even get a mention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.