Sergio Aguero.

jimharri said:
123abcd said:
bridgeblue said:
So far not good? He is a forward with a killer instinct who works hard, what more do you want?

I wasn't referring to the entire season, nor his work rate....and even mentioned that he showed that "killer instinct" in my post; no?

You cannot tell me that he had a good game or even a good month, can you. Admire his finishing touch but you're quickly forgetting the other 92 minutes and 55 seconds of his game today.
What was he bought for; his contribution all over the pitch or his goalscoring ability? We don't need him busting a gut back in midfield when we have players like Nigel, Gareth or Jimmy. His job, in my mind, is to put the chances away that he gets.

Agreed...his job is to put away the chances he gets; but his secondary job is to contribute to attacking play by making plays; making runs, moving ball, assisting, etc.

Was a bit frustrated with his play tonight, and don't think he has been great for a few weeks.

But he keeps scoring, and how good is that for us.

Only operating at about 70% of what he is capable of, we've got a lot to look forward to.

moomba said:
Was a bit frustrated with his play tonight, and don't think he has been great for a few weeks.

Only operating at about 70% of what he is capable of, we've got a lot to look forward to.

I agree with that. He's not playing to his full potential yet, but has still notched up an impressive tally. Once he's fully fit he's going to be an incredible asset.

Re: Re: Sergio Aguero.

Ric said:
moomba said:

I agree with that. He's not playing to his full potential yet, but has still notched up an impressive tally. Once he's fully fit he's going to be an incredible asset.

He is already that, an incredible asset. And he will get better.

Re: Re: Sergio Aguero.

johnmc said:
Ric said:
moomba said:

He is already that, an incredible asset. And he will get better.

My thoughts as well lads, he'll be awesome at the buisness end of the season.

123abcd said:
jimharri said:
123abcd said:
I wasn't referring to the entire season, nor his work rate....and even mentioned that he showed that "killer instinct" in my post; no?

You cannot tell me that he had a good game or even a good month, can you. Admire his finishing touch but you're quickly forgetting the other 92 minutes and 55 seconds of his game today.
What was he bought for; his contribution all over the pitch or his goalscoring ability? We don't need him busting a gut back in midfield when we have players like Nigel, Gareth or Jimmy. His job, in my mind, is to put the chances away that he gets.

Agreed...his job is to put away the chances he gets; but his secondary job is to contribute to attacking play by making plays; making runs, moving ball, assisting, etc.
I can't get info on runs off the ball or space that he creates but, according to the OS;
6I1sP.png

3 assists and a pass completion rate of 85% in the PL. Not too shabby.

I personally think he plays better with another striker and likes to feed off playing through Dzeko or Balotelli.

From what I saw today and against Liverpool, it wasn't so much that he was playing poorly. More that we were passing between the lines of Defence and Midfield before pumping the ball up hoping for someone to latch on. It was only when Dzeko or Johnson came deep that we seemed to be able to attack. If we are to revert to this when teams pack the midfield, I'd rather us play with Aguero playing just behind Balo/Dzeko.

Still, great counter attacking football for the last goal and deserved seeing as Arsenal are shite without RVP.

Ric said:
moomba said:

I don't think he gets the service he craves for to be honest. But geez, doesn't he take his chances well, so calm. I think we will see the best of him come the end of the year/next season. The man is pure class.

If the guy puts his chances away what more do you want him to do? When he stops scoring then moan about him

Sergio is a Gunslinger. Stoichkov..esgue. The Clint Eastwood of Manchester. Appreciate or don't deserve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.