Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling is that to be the best club team in the world, you cannot be weak in the player development/transfer market.

If JWE is good enough, he’ll make it at City. If not, he’ll make it where his level earns him a place. There is no place for sentimentality in football, until you get to the point of celebrating a long career.

I wish him nothing but the best for his career, and hope he’s good enough to have it at City, because he looks like he could be a 10 year guy.

However, no matter who you are, you need competition and cover in case of injury.

With Walker, Cancelo, JWE & Gomez, that could work, especially with Ake and Laporte as other options!
Ahh yes I know all that. But what I was saying that I get a feeling of anxiety for the youth that I don't like. I imagine a Sancho scenario. One of my foibles. :)

I'm convinced there are more Rag and Dipper double agents posing as City fans on this forum than any of us know.
The standard response to a post that somebody doesn’t agree with. So boring. Show us your York City away ticket stub………

Ahh yes I know all that. But what I was saying that I get a feeling of anxiety for the youth that I don't like. I imagine a Sancho scenario. One of my foibles. :)
Why don’t you like the youth? ;-)

I don’t disagree, but it is a small time, local club, sentiment reminiscent of the 60s & 70s. We are on a different plane these days, with the entire globe as our catchment area. That makes it hard for “home grown talent,” but if they’re good enough, they’ll play, as we have seen with others.

I feel that “home grown talent “ have a real struggle to make it at City with Pep as manager. Apart from Phil Foden it’s not exactly been a conveyer belt of continuous Academy talent forcing themselves into the first team.
Nothing annoys me more than bringing a “kid” on for about 2 minutes before the end of a match. Progression seems to be a few minutes in the early rounds of the Cup competitions - loan deal - and bye bye.
I would love our Academy players to be given more opportunities but I can’t see Pep changing his stance. How many of our current players out on loan can you see being recalled??
Always find it a bit embarrassing the growing number of players who are described as “ex-Manchester City” and never played a first team match for us.

I feel that “home grown talent “ have a real struggle to make it at City with Pep as manager. Apart from Phil Foden it’s not exactly been a conveyer belt of continuous Academy talent forcing themselves into the first team.
Nothing annoys me more than bringing a “kid” on for about 2 minutes before the end of a match. Progression seems to be a few minutes in the early rounds of the Cup competitions - loan deal - and bye bye.
I would love our Academy players to be given more opportunities but I can’t see Pep changing his stance. How many of our current players out on loan can you see being recalled??
Always find it a bit embarrassing the growing number of players who are described as “ex-Manchester City” and never played a first team match for us.
What home grown talent has gone on to dominate at a similar level to the talent generally here?

What home grown talent has gone on to dominate at a similar level to the talent generally here?
I’m talking about opportunity. We have an incredibly successful Academy and have produced a number of very talented players - most of whom have been moved on to other clubs.
Chelsea have also been a conveyer belt of talent - again many for other clubs. The top clubs always seem to prefer to ‘buy in‘ players.
I just find it disappointing that the opportunities for Academy players at EPL clubs are so limited.
This documentary on C4 - “Football Dreams: The Academy” about Crystal Palace should be a very interesting watch.

What home grown talent has gone on to dominate somewhere comparable to City?

I’m talking about opportunity. We have an incredibly successful Academy and have produced a number of very talented players - most of whom have been moved on to other clubs.
Chelsea have also been a conveyer belt of talent - again many for other clubs. The top clubs always seem to prefer to ‘buy in‘ players.
I just find it disappointing that the opportunities for Academy players at EPL clubs are so limited.
This documentary on C4 - “Football Dreams: The Academy” about Crystal Palace should be a very interesting watch.
I can understand where you’re coming from mate as I love to see young talent coming through (regardless of club tbh), but isn’t that how it’s always worked at elite club level ?
For example, how many youth players have come through say Real Madrids academy and also had long and established careers and playing time there, offhand I can only think of Casillas and Guti ?
Either way, I can’t imagine there’s a truckload ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.