Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to come over all twatish mate. I was only asking a question, hoping to get some idea from people who know more than me.
Fine, I get that you wanted to know about Gomez. I guess I took you for a doom and gloomer because you were saying his price tag meant he couldn't actually be any good. My bad if you took offense.

I can understand where you’re coming from mate as I love to see young talent coming through (regardless of club tbh), but isn’t that how it’s always worked at elite club level ?
For example, how many youth players have come through say Real Madrids academy and also had long and established careers and playing time there, offhand I can only think of Casillas and Guti ?
Either way, I can’t imagine there’s a truckload ?
I’m probably biased towards youth coming through at City as I started supporting and watching them from 1984. Our local lads were so often the thing that made you proud.

What home grown talent has gone on to dominate somewhere comparable to City?
Decent call, you could maybe say Trippier winning league titles at Atletico
And without winning anything Sancho was much coveted at Dortmund. But not many, tbf, you’re correct
Did one of our Spanish lads win a title as a sub at Milan?

The standard response to a post that somebody doesn’t agree with. So boring. Show us your York City away ticket stub………
Its not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. You're bringing up Mendy when the only thing they have in common is that they play LB. So how about all the other guys we've brought in that good things were said about? If you're looking for a standard response look no further than your own "Mendy" response to the original post.

I’m probably biased towards youth coming through at City as I started supporting and watching them from 1984. Our local lads were so often the thing that made you proud.
My feelings too I guess. But we were shit then.

What we have to accept now having an elite manager like Pep, if a young player doesn't look like reaching a certain level within a certain time period then it's thanks and goodbye.

It seems to me that Cole Palmer is going to be used more which is great. Let's hope he makes it.

My feelings too I guess. But we were shit then.

What we have to accept now having an elite manager like Pep, if a young player doesn't look like reaching a certain level within a certain time period then it's thanks and goodbye.
It's also worth mentioning that more often than not, they've made the right decision. Plenty of our youth products have left and gone on to have decent careers, but can you think of any that have left and then reached a standard that would get into our first team regularly? Arguably Sancho before the rags broke him, but that wasn't really the club's decision. Compare us to a team like Chelsea, who are terrible for letting brilliant players leave and then wishing they still had them.

So was about to watch a Sergio highlight reel. And in the beginning the guy normally lists 3 players who the player is similar to: for Gomez it was
Borna Sosa, Zinchencko and Raum. Just right there, I know I already like him.

Sosa's crossing, Zin's possession and Taums speed.

Anyway, let me continue my dreaming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.